Storm of War Teamspeak

Server Stress Test Nov 17th

Forum now closed. Will be archived eventually
Forum rules
This is a fresh start. Please use this forum to report bugs that only TFS can fix, discuss the bug tracker and for TF announcements only.

Server Stress Test Nov 17th

Postby Bonkin » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Hello All

TF's Code Group are running a test of the current version of TF 4.53 Blitz to pinpoint areas where the netcode can be improved for TF 5.0. This will take place on an ATAG server.

We are requesting as many players who can attend as possible, the results will be important for TF 5.0 gameplay.

The server will be set up with large numbers of AI aircraft flights, etc. and everybody is invited to join.

Date and time is November 17th at 1800 GMT.

Players use their current TF 4.53 Blitz install. There is no requirement to patch any new data.

The test is designed to determine the point at which the total numbers of humans and AI become problematic in 4.53 and to identify what areas can be improved for TF 5.0. Note, most of the action should be around the Isle of Wight, with lot's of flak.

There will be designated Teamspeak channels on the ATAG Teamspeak if needed.

Thanks for your support.

Bonkin.
Bonkin

Re: Server Stress Test Nov 17th

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Lol. Are there enough players left to stress anything but a tired hamster?

I'd have thought you'd already know where the limits are. I know we did testing, pretty sure ACG did, I'm sure TWC have been exploring...

Anyway, all the best with it. I'm still waiting for news on the release schedule. After all it will be "sooner than I think"....
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Re: Server Stress Test Nov 17th

Postby JG4_DUI » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:10 pm

For those of you who have no plans on a cold and dark Saturday evening: Today, the second netcode stress test will take place on ATAG 1, starting at 19.00 GMT.

Would be nice to see +100 pilots again and, of course, whether the newly implemented netcode changes make a difference.
JG4_DUI

Return to Team Fusion Simulations