Storm of War Teamspeak

TFS Developer Update - July 2018

For the discussion of Team Fusion Simulations work on Cliffs of Dover
Forum rules
This is a fresh start. Please use this forum to report bugs that only TFS can fix, discuss the bug tracker and for TF announcements only.

Re: TFS Developer Update - July 2018

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:50 pm

Greykitten I suspect you are not alone based on the comments I get regularly despite SoW not running for a while.

Well, the chances of SoW CLOD coming back would have been improved if someone had not reneged on a deal.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Good luck to bonkin he will need it, but my expectations from what and when they can deliver anything good will be hard to change with same type updates as always and looooooooooong process they selected or were forced on to.

Vidoe it self is disapointing, showing and focusing on old airplanes we have in game from before in it insted making it all about new 109 as it was teasted in pictures on forum few days before video, you can see more on thouse picture then in video, after so many years i dont get how they still belive they need to tease people with few seconds of show of new 109, its beyond reason to me.

Also no new map info, and map is in works for how long, most from map was shown in live videos from salmo years ago and then it looked like map is almost finished, and still no citys or vilages shown i realy dont know when is all this suposed to be finished, i joked many times 2020 tf5, it doesent look like joke now sadly
StG77_CountZero

Postby Mysticpuma » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:16 pm

I think the easiest way if starting to invigorate the community is to actually get them involved in the project. I have no idea what would be involved but maybe something as 'simple' (once v5.00 comes out) as releasing the map tool as an SDK to the community?

The problem is, everything feels in limbo with no light at the end of the tunnel and with no schedule for released it doesn't even feel like there is a light switch to turn one on!

Making a map tool available would be possible route to getting parts of the community building expansions as free add-ons. These would still have to be implemented by TFS in maybe a sub menu for Community Content once they pass QC but at the moment there doesn't feel like any involvement for the community, just , wait, wait and wait longer.

I think unless TFS looks at some way of getting the community involved then even more of what is left of the sparse community will disappear and getting them back and rekindling the passion will be nigh on impossible.

Finally, looking at the online players and watching them dwindle too, it really does seem that focusing on the Single Player side of the SIM needs some concerted effort, so the AI fixes and campaigns are more significant than ever before.
Mysticpuma

Postby Bonkin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback - definitely some interesting points which I would agree need consideration. You all know the score though... we're acutely aware of how long the community has been waiting but we are totally committed to delivering a quality update with v5.0 - the content of which is planned out and is work in progress.

Considering new content and technologies at this stage presents a dilemma. With the available resources do you investigate/trial/ponder new stuff and push your planned delivery date out to the right (risking that your player base dwindles away further), or do you carry on with the plan with the option to consider new stuff in a v5.x update, hoping that all the effort and attention to detail that has gone into v5.0 will permit updates x, y and z?

I really do get the frustrations... all I can say is please do carry on following the updates. Some you may like, some you may not - but either way, each one will be a step closer to v5.0.
Bonkin

Previous

Return to Team Fusion Simulations