Storm of War Teamspeak

DCS - Storm of War Server

DCS - Storm of War Server

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:39 am

Hi all,

This week I finished building and installing a new server machine for SoW that will be used for hosting a rotation of normal DCS missions, and maybe some kind of permanent campaign style thing down the line.
The server is located in Germany, so best pings will obviously be for European/UK players.

At the moment I will be throwing the server up intermittently (typically int he evenings during the week) to host missions and check connectivity/ stability, fix some sound proofing etc...
So if you see the server online, feel free to jump in and report your impressions back via the forums.

I will start uploading/ running missions; these will be a mix of Cold-war type stuff (mid 1980s) on the Caucasus map, and some WW2 emulations also on Caucasus. It won't host normandy missions yet due to (1) the map being pants and (2) not wanting to buy another copy of the normandy map until (1) is resolved.

For those who want to know when the server is up you are welcome to join the SoW Dischord, PM me if you don't know how to find this.
There is also a multi-squad Whatsapp channel that a number of us from various squads use to communicate when we are flying, If you're an SoW regular ad you'd like to be included, PM me for details.

The SoW DCS server name should be:
"Storm of War - Dedicated Server"
and will be public (no password) normally unless there is a closed event happening.

Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Re: DCS - Storm of War Server

Postby Ibis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:02 am

Waiting, like many I expect, for a 24 hour server.

Good luck, I hope all goes well. :P

cheers
Ibis
Ibis

Postby AKA_Recon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:35 pm

This is great news - Storm of War DCS - fantastic.

Let me know if I can help in any way!
AKA_Recon

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:03 pm

AKA_Recon wrote:This is great news - Storm of War DCS - fantastic.
Let me know if I can help in any way!

Hey Recon! Thanks for dropping us a note.
The most help we can get now from anyone is:
1. Keep an eye on the SoW "EVENTS" forum here: viewforum.php?f=27
2. Join in/ encourage your mates to join in any SoW DCS events. We still need to iron out a few things, and get more Luftwaffe players invovled in the events we are running to kick things off and find our way.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:20 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:1. Keep an eye on the SoW "EVENTS" forum here: http://www.stormofwar.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=27

Another way to keep in touch is to join the Storm of War group on Steam. Announcements for events, testing, and progress reports will be posted there. For any Steam users, these will then automatically appear in your activity feed or as notifications.

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/StormofWarServer#
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Return to DCS - Main Discussion