Storm of War Teamspeak

New video of BoX aircraft coming soon

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

New video of BoX aircraft coming soon

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:23 pm

https://youtu.be/t1KS9gscY5g

The footage of the La-5FN is going to cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the LW camp. It is a beast!
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Re: New video of BoX aircraft coming soon

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:22 pm

That A-20 looks great!
6./ZG76_Archie

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm looking forward to the A-20, especially as the Havoc used to be the main allied bomber we flew in WW2OL back in the day, will be nice to fly it in post-2001 era graphics. :lol:

I was wondering why none of the Soviet aircraft seemed to have mirrors, but given where they put it in the LA-5 I'm starting to see why!

Maybe they should put a forward facing mirror on the tail so the Pilot can see what's in front of him as well.
Last edited by 19RAF MJDixon on Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:56 pm

All very nice.

But I agree it is especially good to see that A-20.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:50 pm

ah if they could only fix their netcode they would rull ww2 sim market.

I see on most popular server WoL, they had to make copy of it and run two same servers, as one was constantly on 84/84 ppl
http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/online/ 145 ppl

now they run 2 servers on same stats, and still almost full both, hunger for BoS online is big but netcode is week, WoL guys found nice way to alow all to play but 777 should invest rather in spending few months fixing netcode inseted making new airplanes, i would rather have one or two airplanes less from BoBp and good netcode, then all planes and maybe they fix netproblems in 2020.

i see problems and warpings for me and rip start around 50+ppl on most servers and then we just leve and go on servers with less players
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 am

It's bizarre the way that WoL is so popular. Other servers are just as good, if not better. I guess it is the brand name.

But yeah... netcode on BoX is abysmal. BoX can look good, but if it needs to be stripped down to the bare bones to make it workable, then a lot of the nice features disappear.

One thing I've noticed with DCS and Xplane is that the landscape is populated... there are buildings and houses, unlike the BoX servers which are just shadows on the ground like some post-nuclear-holocaust scene. BoX single-player is better in that regard.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:It's bizarre the way that WoL is so popular. Other servers are just as good, if not better. I guess it is the brand name.

But yeah... netcode on BoX is abysmal. BoX can look good, but if it needs to be stripped down to the bare bones to make it workable, then a lot of the nice features disappear.

One thing I've noticed with DCS and Xplane is that the landscape is populated... there are buildings and houses, unlike the BoX servers which are just shadows on the ground like some post-nuclear-holocaust scene. BoX single-player is better in that regard.

I don't often fly WoL, usually only when the better servers are full, but it is quite well made in terms of mission objectives etc. and having lots of players is a draw which then causes 'lots of players' in the same way that ATAG was popular for being popular despite SoW being better. Personally I would rather not have the GPS icons as I enjoy the extra tension when you get lost or victims flying straight & level while they map read :-) but it is not a deal-breaker and perhaps we need to accept that there are a lot of people in WoL *because* it has GPS.

I agree about the lack of houses being disappointing but it is probably the price we pay for having beautiful graphics elsewhere and still having a good framerate. Perhaps it would be nice to have houses optional in the same way as CLoD had variable levels of trees so people with powerful machines could have them or people with less powerful machines could decide to turn off other eye candy and accept lower framerates to see houses. My PC is pretty much minimum recommended spec but it is still capable of more than the 60fps I have capped it at (which is about double what I could run CLoD at with trees off and low graphics settings!)

Perhaps when CLoD 5.0 is out then 1C should ask Team Fusion to look at the netcode as they managed to bring the CLoD player limit up from 32 to 100 in their spare time without even seeing the source code :-) Even if you say that 80 players was a more realistic limit it is still a 250% of what the pro coders could manage with worse graphics.
56sqn US@R
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby StG77_CountZero » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:55 am

Yes BoX is running good for offline play in online it has big problems, i see even with only two of us on server delay on when you see other airplane shoot is 1s from when he press triger and when you see his guns fiering, so you end up hearing that your hit and then 1s later see that enemy fired bullets that hit you lol.

Reading WoL forum it seams you can easy make your planes parts transperent by making skins, so they had to turn off costum skins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Xn3h8Ybevk

You think guy haz good deflection shooting, when it turns out he can see you trugh his nose and easy track you lol
StG77_CountZero

Postby No.504 Leifr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:32 am

GPS is a big draw for WoL, that and almost-instant action.
We prefer to fly on FinnishServer, even though it's a little unstable and occasionally disconnects. :lol:

I'm sure there's a comment by Jason floating around somewhere that, this year, they intend to look at the BoX multiplayer experience.

---

By the way, if any of you here want to fly with a few extra folk, find me on Steam under 'Jim J. Digby'.
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:02 pm

56 have mostly been playing Finnish but are getting a bit bored of it and often go to Coconut Expert if there is room. It has more interesting weather, stationary & fixed ground targets in random places that only appear on the map when you fly over them and limited supplies. As an example, bombing an enemies hangars reduces the amount of bombs that airfield has so can stop them flying bombers from there eventually. Finding a factory and bombing it can affect how fast the enemy can resupply aircraft and bombs and tanks etc . Road and rail convoys transfer supplies from the factories to supply dumps where they are allocated to replace lost items so finding and destroying them hurts the enemy. Finding and destroying supply dumps reduces the amount of supplies that can be held and used. As an example of 'Interesting Weather' , last week we found solid cloud cover at 300m! It was difficult but atmospheric and we still found action. Thankfully weather that extreme is rare :-)

We are also trying to fly TAW (when it restart in a few days) but it is almost always full on squad nights so we can really only fly it when some of us meet unofficially during the day.
56sqn US@R
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Next

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series