Storm of War Teamspeak

Cliffs of Dover Blitz - SOW announcement

General discussions relating to the 24/7 "Long War" environment.
Do NOT post questions or bugs here.

Re: Cliffs of Dover Blitz - SOW announcement

Postby SC/JG_Ivank » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Its your Track Count zero that you linked to just 2 posts up.
SC/JG_Ivank

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:49 pm

SC/JG_Ivank wrote:Its your Track Count zero that you linked to just 2 posts up.

Ok, i tought you guys in TFS run your own test by now, now when i know we are talking about my rcording i understand whats confusing you.
So you say you see airplane on my track hit that place and loss wing? thats me hiting a tree that i SEE on my very low, thats crash at the end of track you talk about, is that correct ? if you talk about that crash, i hit tree i see on veary low and thats why i crash a end, recording is from my PoV and im using veary low. You see how he loses wings when he trys to pass place i pased with no problems before, thats the place where there is 3-5 trees i dont see but he see on veary high.

Look at point of recording where i start to shoot at ground, im shooting at place where is planty of trees on veary high, pointing that place to Ripgrunwald, and i pass that place with no problem even though Ripgrunwald who is hosting server and has trees on veary high see trees there and colids with them, but i can pass trough that with no problems on veary low forrest. I try to pass that place again but i was not alighnd correctly, and i abort and do third pass from south from other direction at that cross section of 3 hedg lines, and then on end of flight i hit a tree that i see (from hedg line on picture you posted) and lose wing only then, as i hit a tree i see on veary low, its not invisable tree that got me there.
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:34 pm

I uploaded pictures so its easyer to understand what you se in recording:

This is place where is many trees on veary high and i pass with no problems on veary low:

on this picture you see that Ripgrunwald loss wings when he pass same place, hes on veary high forrest.

on this pic i pass that place again from south, planty trees in that place when you fly on veary high but i pass ok as im on veary low and dont see them, and no invisable tree get my wing:

Now this is from same recording, i just befor runing recording put forest on veary high and restarted game, so you see in recording what trees im passing with no problem, what trees Ripgrunwald see me passing and he cant (same area from first picture):
Me shooting at that area before i pass troug trees

Me exactly in trees that cut ripgrunwald

me pasing them with no loss wings:

Rip try to do same, he has veary high in game on time of recording, and you see he crashed.

Also neer end before i crash you se me also pass this line of trees with no problem:

So in total on that replay you see me flying on veary low forrest, on server that has forrest at veary high, passing trough trees 3 times, and ripgrunwald who has forrest at veary high cant pass trees i pass with no problem, and on end i dont loss wing from invisable tree.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:18 am

UPDATE 8th JAN

Despite the Team Fusion hotfix for the netcode, there remains an underlying issue as far as I can see with players reporting lag and banding and fps issues on both ATAG and ACG in anything from 40+ players. This is obviously no good for us.

While the SOW code has been successfully migrated and tested there remain significant issues that haven't been addressed in the Blitz edition and nor has a full change log been forthcoming.

Most worryingly player numbers are much lower than competitor games despite the new release and the absolute requirement to use steam opposed to both BoX and DCS also being standalone products.

Storm of War will therefore be sticking to our original decision and will not be running a Cliffs of Dover Blitz server and campaign. (We will of course continue to keep up with any developments from Team Fusion and should the situation change we will rethink.)

In the meantime Storm of War are looking into running some events in DCS, in both the Korean and WW2 eras. Further info on these should be forthcoming in the next few weeks but it's likely they will not occur until after the "merge" is finally released.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 am

Shame, but not a surprise. I look forward to hearing more about the DCS events!
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Barone » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 am

Bad news.
But if sow can bring a good number of people over DCS ww2 and if ED can put out a decent DM I could take a look at that.
Barone

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks for the update, shame about CloD, looking forward to your take on Korea and DCS WW2 though.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm

Well, Rob from 71st_AH has done a large amount of work on his 1955 server already and Phil and Dietrich are keen on the WW2 stuff. I'm hopeful we might be able to bring a few goodies to the table now I've got working a database connection and some basic stats type stuff and we already have done some work on slot reservations which should allow reserved Sqn aircraft etc.

It will take some time of course and it won't be a direct port of the concepts we are familiar with but the plan is to have some one off organised events like in the early days of SoW to get us going.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Barone » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:27 am

Just a curiosity...
Why DCS and no Box?
Barone

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 am

Barone wrote:Just a curiosity...
Why DCS and no Box?

Some, not all, of the reasons
1. BoX do not allow everyone to have a server yet - 1C have specific rules/requirements for server operators
2. BoX mission editor is frustrating/ limiting
3. BoX does not talk to external databases like CloD/ DCS can
4. SoW is interested in other stuff besides just WW2 - although we still love WW2 flying
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to SoW 24/7 Campaign General Discussion