Storm of War Teamspeak

So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now wha

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 pm

I also note that a good while ago, there was talk of a 3rd-party developer creating aircraft content... the Po-2 and Li-2. That has gone quiet recently, so obviously the task is a long and arduous one.

They posted some progress shots of the Po-2 a few weeks back. Jason said that *if* they do a good job of the Po-2 then they will be asked to do the Li-2 next. I am very much looking forward to flying a Li-2 to do all the thinks the Axis can currently do with the Ju52.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:12 pm

56RAF_Roblex wrote:I am very much looking forward to flying a Li-2 to do all the thinks the Axis can currently do with the Ju52.

I agree... the Li-2 would be great. It could easily be re-skinned to make a C47 for Operations Market Garden (or similar) on the Bodenplatte map. With transport available to both sides, you can also factor logistics into a multiplayer campaign.

What is absolutely critical though, is that they add in statistics for transport missions. This is one of the great frustrations of the Ju 52. You can fly the most amazing sortie, through AA and enemy air attacks and bad weather and get the cargo delivered, and then fly home. And you get 0 points for it.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:15 am

So Jason confirms in that thread you can't add maps as a mod. So this is all about changing aesthetics. Fucking pointless IMO.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby II./JG77_Kemp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:32 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:In addition to Channel and Malta, I'd add Karelia, Italy, and Petsamo/Kirkenes.

Finnish community (Kanttori) has already announced a project of creating Karelia map. I think it was put on hold, though, waiting for BoK release and features coming with it. There was also a project about Murmansk map a couple of years ago that was making progress, but as far as I understood, the guy that was building it had some health issues and dropped it. Odessa map should also be still in the making.

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:RoF Channel is about the same size as the Velikie Luki map in BoX.

That reminds me, Velikie Luki map was done by community.
EDIT: This is how it was done:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/5594-will-there-be-other-maps/?tab=comments#comment-108154
The map maker, zeus, apparently wears "Developer" tags now.
II./JG77_Kemp

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:52 pm

II./JG77_Kemp wrote:Finnish community (Kanttori) has already announced a project of creating Karelia map. I think it was put on hold, though, waiting for BoK release and what the mods on would bring. There was also a project about Murmansk map a couple of years ago that was making progress, but as far as I understood, the guy that was building it had some health issues and dropped it. Odessa map should also be still in the making.

I was not aware of Kanttori's project. That sounds great. If Karelia was finished (no pun intended!) I'd move over the BoX.

II./JG77_Kemp wrote:That reminds me, Velikie Luki map was done by community.
EDIT: This is how it was done:
https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/5594-will-there-be-other-maps/?tab=comments#comment-108154
The map maker, zeus, apparently wears "Developer" tags now.

Thanks for that Velikie Luki link. I was not aware of the details on that one. I'll look into it and see if there is anything that can be done. I would certainly like to attempt something if it is at all accessible.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Interesting. I wonder how that meshes with the modding vision of Jason.

I'd be very interested as I said in a Malta map and willing to learn in order to achieve one. The question is whether the knowledge is available or attainable.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Jarhead » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:20 am

The knowledge is attainable, only if your nice to the devs, doubtful from your previous coments about the lot.
Jarhead
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:57 pm

Indeed. From the looks of it not attainable at all, given it's not knowledge pulled from the game but the use of tools 1C gave access to, and on the basis that a Malta map is inevitably outside the scope of what 1C want to deliver I can't see that project getting a green light regardless of who was authoring it. The fact it's us just makes it 10 times less likely.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Previous

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series