Storm of War Teamspeak

So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now wha

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now wha

Postby Mysticpuma » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:59 pm

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/114-mods/

Not much info. on what files can be modded or how :(
Mysticpuma

Re: So now it's possible to officially add MODS to BoX...now

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out. Wonder if this is going to mean new aircraft in BoX in a relatively quick fashion.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Barone » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:16 pm

If some modders (il2 46 had tons of them) get to work something interesting could come out. Would be also interesting to know what is moddable.
If someone can get a med or malta map out (we already have the planeset) would a be a nice thing.
Click on the banner to visit our site:
Barone

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:19 am

Nice, hope some one makes mod with working clouds, airplanes infront of them are not looking like we are in 2018 more like 1988.

I dont expect they will alow airplanes making by moders, probably just stuff that was posible in RoF.
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm

I got RoFs unGTP.exe, placed it in data folder of BoX,
and then in that same folder try to open Skins4.gtp file with this unGTP.exe, and its files get extracted in new null folder.

all files are encripted but you can easy see file structure if you wont to replace skins or any textures for example with your ones with JSGME, for this cosmetic stuff it should work easy.
looking trough other .gtp files i see in extracted files for spitfiremkixe, so i guess thats first airplane well get for BoBp, dont see any folders or files for other BoBp airplanes in game now.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:53 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:looking trough other .gtp files i see in extracted files for spitfiremkixe, so i guess thats first airplane well get for BoBp, dont see any folders or files for other BoBp airplanes in game now.

Spit Mk IX would be an obvious choice for the first aircraft in BoBo. That and the 109 and 190. All the others will be new models and a LOT of work.

Barone wrote:If someone can get a med or malta map out (we already have the planeset) would a be a nice thing.

There are a few key med aircraft missing, but otherwise I agree completely... the ability to make our own map would be a complete game changer. If we could make, e.g. Malta, I think we'd get a LOT of interest.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote: If we could make, e.g. Malta, I think we'd get a LOT of interest.

Bye bye TF 5.0 in that case... if TFS isn't already considered a spent entity.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:21 pm

I still dont expect they will alow random people to make maps with mods, but it would be great if they do that.

Im expecting in future they will probably sell some maps separatly like they do with few collector airplanes now.

If you look at how they have DLC youll run out of areas where you have Axis fighters to sell in path of 5 airplanes.
For example if they wont to do Battle of Kursk, what airplanes you would sell that are not already in game now, so its beter to just make map and sell it and some extra collector airplanes also. But they have enought things to do for next 3-4 years if Midway is still option after BoBp.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Barone » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:There are a few key med aircraft missing

I agree, but at least is not a complete nonsense planeset like DCS ww2.

Also, I remember to have read that in the Russian il2 forum there are already people that can do maps but they didn't know how to put them in the game.
I dunno where I read it. Maybe I remember wrong.

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Bye bye TF 5.0 in that case... if TFS isn't already considered a spent entity.

It isn't a TFS problem anymore imho. I still prefer Clod over other ww2 sims but... I don't have a place to play it!
Online Clod community is almost gone.
Click on the banner to visit our site:
Barone

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Barone wrote:
Admin (Dietrich) wrote:There are a few key med aircraft missing

I agree, but at least is not a complete nonsense planeset like DCS ww2.

I had a look. From BoX we have:

Bf 109 E7, Bf 109 F2, Bf 110 E-2, He 111 H-6, MC.202, P-40, Spit.VB, Ju 87 D-3, Ju 88 A-4.

I vaguely recall that one of the Soviet fighters was Hurricane-like. Perhaps it could be re-skinned/modded?

Not sure about the FW 190 A-3. Could probably include the Ju 52/3m though. Depends on the outcome, I guess.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Next

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series