Storm of War Teamspeak

Don't fly into the wreckage!

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Don't fly into the wreckage!

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Impressive:
https://gfycat.com/ShockingNaiveKatydid

This is a nice change from "animated" wreckage that doesn't actually do anything... I know a few people who might have to re-think their attack methods now...
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Re: Don't fly into the wreckage!

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:17 pm

I think that's happened to me before where a bit of wing or such hit my prop, so I'm not sure if it's a new development as far as the big bits of debris go.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm

19RAF MJDixon wrote:I think that's happened to me before where a bit of wing or such hit my prop, so I'm not sure if it's a new development as far as the big bits of debris go.

Apprently it's been this was since BoM was released. I am never able to get clsoe enough to enemy aircraft to experience it though (they're all too fast)..

It seems like that canon rounds doesn't have much of a ballistic arc though... kinda lazer-like...?
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Try to hitt trees now, they move like they are made of rubber lol
StG77_CountZero

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:29 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:Try to hitt trees now, they move like they are made of rubber lol

Heh, not the one I hit apparently.

I'm very impressed so far with the update. The improvement to the draw distance of the terrain AND clouds makes a big difference. It looks stunning. Clouds seem to have fewer graphical hitches in the rendering and look better, at least for me, and I could have sworn in my last career mission I had multiple cloud layers.

Distant object rendering and contacts (when icons off) is still a bit of an issue. I'm less and less hopeful this will be resolved with each new update that comes, but the things that are being added are all quite appreciated so I will hold onto the hope a little longer.

Co-op mode looks great. I went into it and configured my local host to have a look at the settings and it seems to have pretty much everything you need to host a mission night with friends - perfect for what I want. It has a little mission rotation window, settings for max ping, idle kick and ban length etc. No luxuries but all the essentials so far. I'm excited to give it a go.

Career mode is surprisingly fun. And noticeable in that the actual missions themselves aren't all that different (so far) from the old 'campaign' mode, but the addition of the career elements and immersion bits and pieces really are that 5th element that elevates everything. Yet another example that the window dressing is important when you're trying to build a single-player experience.

A few bugs here and there (critical mission objective complete messages are in french for me when the UI is english? My squadron's #3 aircraft in 57 GIAP can't seem to take-off properly - LMF I say!) but nothing that I think can't be easily fixed.

My group has been getting more and more into DCS F-86 Sabre but I think this update will give us more reason to load BoX again.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby StG77_CountZero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:46 pm

We had fun coliding with trees on berloga, they are no longer stiff like before now they move as you hit them and then come back

I like coop mode also but they should add some lobby options for it, there was planty coop misions i would just join by seing some one starting it on Hyperlobby and i liking that airplanes and wont quick 30min organaised fun.

Without lobby you have to know guys who will host coop, when they plan to start it and so on, for most coop missions i would just start hyperlobby planing to go on some quick DF server, and noticing some guys waiting in lobby in coop section to start some interesting mission, guys i know from previous coop or some new guys testing their missions, thats easy way to know new players or even join some squads and safer place for rookies to fly and have better expiriance then flying on DF servers, especialy if they come from SP as you have some Ai to shoot also. Im no suprised that SP guys despise MP part when only option was DF servers up untill now, i hope Coop mode brings more SP guys in MP. I started to play SP in 46 and try MP in DF servers and go back to SP quickly, only when i played few coops i started to apriciate MP aspects more, and with time go in DF servers again.

For squads internal use, or organaised events on forums this is more then enought what they have now, but for general use i belive they wil have to improve on server lobby so players know who when and what is in coop mission before it starts.
StG77_CountZero

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series