Storm of War Teamspeak

BoK released imminent

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: BoK released imminent

Postby Barone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:the new 3.001 will have the somewhat-improved visibility model which will help too.

No more 9k bubble?
Barone

Postby StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

"[ EDIT ] Removed my comment regarding Steam releases. I got told off by Jason Williams for "sowing confusion". (I wonder if his choice of the word "sowing" was deliberate?). Apparently we are to "wait for further announcements"."

LoL i dont think he has time to pay atention on all flying game forums, its probably just funny coincedance.

They dont wont to say anything about Standard probably to get more guys buying premium thinking they are geting better deal. I expect there will be standard version and separate collectable spit and hs129 when BoK is officialy relised. I dont see anything wrong with u asking confirmation of that on their forum.

"No more 9k bubble?"

This visability will only incress terain range bubble from 40km to 150km, you will not see that haze as big as now, it has nothing to do with range of objects and buildings in game, that they say it will stay same for long time, as it would take time to see how big impact it would have on game fps. I still belive if they just incress airplanes visibility from 9.5 to 15km impact on FPS would not be big as there is not so many players in game usealy at one place, maybe they are concerned with SP players more and dont wont to change that range to ruin their FPS. In CloD that vis range for objects is 14km by default and in SoW we had it at 25km (same as its on ATAG).
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm

La-5FN incoming = doom of Luftwaffe :D

Untill G14 shows up in few months
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:18 pm

Well... BoK was released this afternoon.

Just tried it and the horizon haze and landscape rendering is definitely better. Flew the new Bf 109 G-6, which was neat — esp. with Ilmavoimat markings. Lots of changes... and in far more detail than I'd ever recognise. There are still a lot of deficiencies (in terms of suitability for a SoW-esque environment), but today's release is certainly an improvement over the previous rendition.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Barone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Unfortunately bok was released but collector's planes weren't. So no spit atm... what a pity. I'll wait.

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:Lots of changes... and in far more detail than I'd ever recognise.

What are the ones that impressed you most?
Barone

Postby StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:15 pm

"Attention Pilots!
Battle of Kuban Standard Edition will be available on March 20th along with the standalone versions of the Spitfire Mk.Vb and HS-129 B-2 Collector Planes.
If you have been waiting for this, that is when they will be available.
Jason"

so in one week
StG77_CountZero

Postby Barone » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:31 pm

StG77_CountZero wrote:"Attention Pilots!
Battle of Kuban Standard Edition will be available on March 20th along with the standalone versions of the Spitfire Mk.Vb and HS-129 B-2 Collector Planes.
If you have been waiting for this, that is when they will be available.
Jason"

so in one week

ok thanks!

So I give it a quick try. First impression: spotting seems really improved to me. Planes are now coloured, not only a grey shape.
I still have to try it a lot, especially online. But to be honest... I was impressed, in a good way.
Barone

Postby StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm

I still didnt download it, but most interesting thing for me is ability to host my test servers from my game, and ability to play coop.

And from what i can read here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34 ... ayer-mode/

"Here are some informations :

If you want 10 players in a mission, you have to put 10 planes in the mission.

How to set the plane in the mission editor ?

1- Set the kind of mission to cooperative.

2- Put a plane in the mission and create Entity.

3- Go in the advanced properties of the plane.

4- Check the box cooperative, and set the level of the Ai on what you want, but do not use the settings player. Player is only to set a plane for single player.

You can create some group of plane which will be display in the lobby.

The group is based on the name of the plane (nothing else).

For exemple :

IL2 G01 01 wil be in the same group as :

IL2 G01 02

IL2 G01 03

But not in the group

IL2 01

You can link AI to the player plane, or be a wingmen of an AI. Ai must be set as in single mission.

As soon the mission run, nobody can join as a pilot."

they made real coop like we had in 1946, where i can just fly any SP mission with unticking player for flight in coop with no problems and i can lead AI flights and be wingman of them and so on with other people, and when mission starts it starts for all, if thats true then i dont care about any other thing and ill have fun with it untill boBp come out and be happy camper :)
StG77_CountZero

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Barone wrote:Unfortunately bok was released but collector's planes weren't. So no spit atm... what a pity. I'll wait

The Spitfire has been out for a long time, and the collector aircraft have been released, I have the La-5FN and flew it this evening. The Master Server hasn't been back up properly though, so there has been no multiplayer for me.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby StG77_CountZero » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Yes your right but he was talking about collectable BoK airplanes ( thats Spitfire V and Hs-129 ) , some people dont care about other BoK airplanes so mutch and wont for example just Spit V, and they can not buy it now separate as they could do for example with P-40 in BoM (not buying whole BoM just P-40) or Fw-190A3 in BoS case. Why spend 70$ for BoK premium when in week you can spend only 20$, and just get Spit V if you wont that only, or just spend 50$ and get BoK standard if you dont wont Hs-129 or Spit V so mutch.
StG77_CountZero

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series