Storm of War Teamspeak

IL-2:BoX future plans announcement 17-Nov-2017

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: IL-2:BoX future plans announcement 17-Nov-2017

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 am

It's almost certain that the Mk XIV will be a collector plane, I find it hard to believe that yet another sim looking at close of 1944/45 would neglect it. 1946 didn't have it, DCS was meant to get it from VEAO but...VEAO, now BoX. The Typhoon was at least as important, if not more so, than the P-47. Any of the RAF aircraft would be a must buy for me; it'd get expensive but I think they'd be worth it.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:36 am

They might leave the typhoon alone as I believe TF were looking at one for TF6.0....
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am

EAF79_OD_ wrote:It's almost certain that the Mk XIV will be a collector plane, I find it hard to believe that yet another sim looking at close of 1944/45 would neglect it. 1946 didn't have it, DCS was meant to get it from VEAO but...VEAO, now BoX. The Typhoon was at least as important, if not more so, than the P-47. Any of the RAF aircraft would be a must buy for me; it'd get expensive but I think they'd be worth it.

Dont know when you stop playing 46, but i played with Spit XII and Spit XIV in UP and in HSFX on online servers, they were better in UP, Ripgrunwald only exlusivly flew XIVs online on maps that had them as it was best Spit for late war, i tought hes idiot, Tempest V was my ride, or Mustang III as it was great in HSFX.

But people complained about to new german airplanes and to old allied in this BoBp even with this airplanes list, so what would happend if they selected Typhoon insted Tempest V, BoX is fighters player game thats clear as day, and they know weary well what and how players use their game from data they are collecting, no wonder they selected BoBp as first western expantion, when it gives players what they wont and do, quick DF on low level and GA on airbases.

I dont understand need for 43 type airplane that in 45 is just good for GA, when you have P-47D-30 ( there was more P-47s in that operation then Typhons althought i dont think thats their guiding line when selecting airplanes) and P-38L-5-LO that are mutch better at it and have more bombs and rockets options, and can DF or run away if attacked unlike Typhoon ugenst late german fighters. So its normal he gives better Tempest V to fighter guys, if its Typhoon insted of him fighter guys would bitch where is Tempest and planeset is German sided lol

And all airplanes on list of 10 were in that operation, and even AI B-25C ( No 139 Wing no.320 Squadron reported five B-25s Mitchell B.Mk.II B, destroyed and five damaged at Brussels-Melsbroek ), so planset is historical for that one day of battle they will make lol.
StG77_CountZero

Postby Barone » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 am

StG77_CountZero wrote:and GA on airbases.

On box? Actually not really. Box got a serious (thank God for that) flak. Every voulcher that I saw online was shot down pretty quick.
I don't agree too much even on the box as fighter pilots game. I mean apart from the visibility problems that surely is not good for bombers guys (but I think they are planning to fix it since they are working on visibility distances) but there are a lots of bomber players, people who do objectives, who wants to win the maps. Even in the "mission servers" like WOT.
Every time I play I usually ask in chat if any bomber need cover and I get an answer almost 80% of the time.
That's is a huge difference on that between box and clod for example.
By now what clod offers are maps where everyone behaves like being in AX. If you are lucky you get 3 bombers and 2 of them use that kind of plane only to voulch and do "bomb trick".

On the contrary I completely agree with the spit argument.
Would be nice to see a mkVII or a mkVIII (don't need the pressurised cabin :D) but I think they'll came like they did with yak1b or the new 109.
Time will tell since I don't think will see something before next year. There's a lot of time to make changes and adjustments.
Barone

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm

As a standard game, no mods, none of them have had a Mk XIV. The MkVIII was mostly used outside Europe, but I agree, it was my favourite 1946 Spitfire. I stopped flying 1946 around the time that someone cracked the code and the mods started to trickle out. I remember the Sound Mod and it spiralled from there.

Up to that point the highest model number Spitfire was the Mk IX 25lb boost.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.504 Leifr » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 am

Very late to this announcement.
I'm excited for this in a big way; Kuban and Moscow never particularly grabbed me, I find the Eastern Front dry, and TF are perpetually rimming the update to the point of utter boredom. There are aircraft in this release that I haven't had the opportunity to fly in a very long time, namely the P-38, P-47 and Tempest.

The lack of the Pacific announcement is disappointing, if not somewhat predictable.
The lack of heavier aircraft and multi-crew is also a little disconcerting, I feel for the bomber weirdos out there who like to ground-pound. The IL2 series under Jason has been moving in the right direction for a while now though and I am being cautiously optimistic that with some more funding (through Bodenplatte), we'll see the necessary upgrades implemented for the Pacific and larger aircraft across the series.
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 am

Personally, apart from the chance to fly a tempest again I am not that excited about Bodenplatte. I have been flying over Europe for at least 30 years and I am enjoying the Eastern front and its aircraft. I am totally baffled by the way people get overexcited by the release of yet another variation of Spitfire or 109. I was looking forward to flying off carriers again and I would love to fly a level bomber at over 20,000ft again but I understand the problems with both.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am

56RAF_Roblex wrote:Personally, apart from the chance to fly a tempest again I am not that excited about Bodenplatte. I have been flying over Europe for at least 30 years and I am enjoying the Eastern front and its aircraft. I am totally baffled by the way people get overexcited by the release of yet another variation of Spitfire or 109. I was looking forward to flying off carriers again and I would love to fly a level bomber at over 20,000ft again but I understand the problems with both.

Must admit that the Eastern Front has been, surprisingly, interesting. It's been good to fly different stuff in a different environment and the navigation challenges have made things more interesting too. Overall I am happy with BoX now, DCS is a single player thing, with the ocassional trip into multiplayer with those that are interested.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:32 pm

As happy as I am to see some of the more 'classic' allied aircraft added in (and really, it's mostly about the aircraft, not the map), I'm still more interested/excited about the upcoming co-op options with Kuban. If that's done properly, it could really give the BoX series legs. If the community can get behind making missions or campaigns for co-op groups, we'll be in a great place.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:43 pm

No.401_Wolverine wrote:As happy as I am to see some of the more 'classic' allied aircraft added in (and really, it's mostly about the aircraft, not the map), I'm still more interested/excited about the upcoming co-op options with Kuban. If that's done properly, it could really give the BoX series legs. If the community can get behind making missions or campaigns for co-op groups, we'll be in a great place.

Good point. I have happy memories of co-ops in IL2-46. On the other hand, at the time that was the best experience you could have in IL2 and we did not have anything like the Finnish, TAW, WoLs servers etc. to compare it with. It was also a long time ago and we have all changed and all expect more from our gaming. It is possible that Co-Ops will not turn out to be as exciting as I remember and they will not compare well with a well designed MP server. I am not saying that will definitely be the case, just saying it is possible. On the face of it, the old Co-Ops were little more than SP quick missions in which the AI roles could be filled by human players but the hyberlobby element, grabbing a free slot and waiting for the rest to be filled and the mission to start, did add a certain frisson :-)
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series