Storm of War Teamspeak

IL-2 BoBo map announced

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: IL-2 BoBo map announced

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Sat May 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:It's crazy the way some pilots argue over sub-types. The are implementing G14, but the argument is now about needing a G14/AS... next they will want the G14/ASy sub-sub-variant. One chap suggested that a G10 was good enough for a G14. They are probably ordering more tar and feathers as I write this. And these variants are all high-alt planes... do BoX fights really get that high?

Interesting to see in the post ([ur=https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/34258-bobp-luftwaffe-dates-and-plane-types-sep-1944-mar-1945/?do=findComment&comment=618814l]ref[/url]) that the Mosquito, B17 and B24 are all ruled out.

They don't get that high on the Eastern Front because the Russian planes are shite up high, but it might happen on the Western Front; who knows.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.504 Leifr » Mon May 21, 2018 3:46 pm

It rarely happens.
Wellen and I have some 100+ sorties under our belt now at 5K+ meters altitude (flying 88s), we've encountered Russians maybe four times out of that lot.
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Mon May 21, 2018 7:40 pm

No.504 Leifr wrote:It rarely happens.
Wellen and I have some 100+ sorties under our belt now at 5K+ meters altitude (flying 88s), we've encountered Russians maybe four times out of that lot.

:shock:

Wesley* is flying 88s? Wow! That's a change.

Finally after all those years, you chaps have seen the error of your ways and are flying the superior Ju 88 ! :lol:

* Only some call him Wellen.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.504 Leifr » Tue May 22, 2018 3:50 pm

:lol:
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby No.504 Wellen » Tue May 22, 2018 4:17 pm

A cruical piece of information to this puzzle is that I was the one that started doing it and had to fight some major uphill battles to get Jimmy Bob here to even consider it. :lol:

And I think by now we encountered them six times or so. But yeah, hardly anyone is ever that high.
In fact with one notable exception we were only ever intercepted by people flying for the first time ever on that particular server. Everyone with even the tiniest bit of experience there for some god forsaken reason is always down low or 3k tops.

Well maybe except the usual scourge plaguing the Blue side in the form of endless swarms of Experten Hartmanns feeling smug and useful while doing sweet fuck all at 7k over their home airfield where they have radar to show them enemies and can be assured numerical superiority while the Reds win map after map after map and are unable to find any opposition.
And yes I am massively annoyed by those little fuckboys.

EAF79_OD_ wrote:They don't get that high on the Eastern Front because the Russian planes are shite up high, but it might happen on the Western Front; who knows.

I doubt it. The ATAG syndrome.
It's faster and easier to just find random action down low. Yeah you die constantly, so whatever. Just hop into another crate and do it again.
Another good analogue would be the "Bean Wars" in the hay-day of the DayZ mod.
No.504 Wellen
SoW Supporter

Previous

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series