Storm of War Teamspeak

New video of BoX aircraft coming soon

For the discussion of 1C's Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban and Bodenplatte etc.

Re: New video of BoX aircraft coming soon

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Sorry, but I don't want modding. It opens things up to cheating. Once the game is over and done with, like 1946 was or even Cliffs, then fine. Until then I want things that meet a set standard and mods rarely do that. Open it out to properly scrutinised 3rd parties, along the lines of DCS but try and avoid a VEAO, and I'd be happy with that; if it meant more was developed for the sim quicker. Community mods just aren't what I look for in a game.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Barone » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 pm

I still don't get why mods and cheating should be strictly connected.
I mean... there are lots of closed games with tons of cheaters... and lots of modded games that surely improve with it (just think of what arma would be without modding).
But everyone got his own point! :) :)
Click on the banner to visit our site:
Barone

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 am

Because that has been my experience of people modding flight sims. If people can find a way to exploit a bug or a weakness in the game, they do it to gain any advantage they can. To some that is part of the game. To others it’s an annoyance. Then someone find they can tweak the firepower of their aircraft so if they hit something is explodes instantly, then they can make it climb like a Saturn V rocket etc etc. It’s tedious.

I don’t know about ARMA, not played it.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF602_Puff » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 am

Mods within the IL2 series { if it follows RoF} will be fine, you would have to enable 'mods on' within the settings of the game and you can only join servers which have mods enabled...it works fine if you control which mods are allowed and which aren't, don't want mods...don't enable and no difference to the game, you run with stock settings on stock servers.

Rise of Flight had some really wonderful mods that enhanced the game both in looks and in areas where the stock game had really let its self down..
EAF602_Puff
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 am

I get that there is a good side to modding, look at what TF initially did with Cliffs, but I would be uneasy with it in BoX for the reasons that I put above.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby StG77_CountZero » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm

In BoX you can cheat now without mods option just by abusing how game is build,

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/17 ... /?p=561429

"Fen I'll give you a fact:

Cheating was and still is possible in this game.

And by cheating I'm talking about any check box option able to be modified in the custom difficulty options can be brought into any multiplayer server at any time.

That means:

-icons
-radar
-simplified flight model
-unlimited ordnance
-unlimited ammo
-invulnerability
-lead computing gunsights.

Simply by isolating the memory addresses of these functions and locking their values using outside programs can result in my 109 holding more energy than yours, for instance.

I'm not accusing anyone in particular of utilizing these measures, but it's possible. And it's not hard to do. "

its all shown in YT videos by abortedman few years back, and devs then said its to mutch mony to traw at it to control it all and how they dont belive many people cheat that way. Ill try to fined video of his where he was joining on WoL and had icons (it was not replay where you can turn on icons ) if its not removed by now.

MoDs always bring more good then bad to game, and cheating would still same on level its now. But i dont expect any other mods then simple ones, no new maps or airplanes, maybe ground units, but main stuff will be for main devs to make.
StG77_CountZero

Previous

Return to IL2 Battle of "X" series