Storm of War Teamspeak

Public Player Stats Explanations

Discuss any aspect of the SoW Stats

Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby No.54 Philstyle (KL-P) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:20 pm

This post is just here to keep a record of an explanation of player stats. We can use this text to place on the website, or on a sticky thread when we launch;



PILOT STATS
The Pilot stats lists the "current career" or "streak" of all pilots who have played on the server during full-realism public missions. The stats table show how many sorties each pilot has flown in their current career. The table also records how many aerial victories, shared victories and assists that the player has accumulated during their current career.

What do the various types of Victories mean?
SoW stats use a semi-historical scoring system. Each type of "victory" is explained below;
Aerial Victory = if the player succeeds in personally taking at least 75% of an enemy aircraft's destruction
Shared Victory = if the player succeeds in personally taking at from 40% to 75% of an enemy aircraft's destruction
Assists = if the player succeeds in personally taking less than 40% of an enemy aircraft's destruction

How can my career come to an end?
When the player dies or is captured the career will come to an end.
If the player disconnects during a flight, before landing safely, the careeer will also come to an end. This is an unfortunate necessity from trying to ensure that players do not leave the game, in order to "protect" their life and fiddle the stats.

What happens to my stats when my career ends?
If you click on the player's name, you will be taken to a summary of all that players' previous careers. Each career is listed with the results from each also displayed.

How come some players have a "squadron" listed next to their name, what does this mean and how can I get it too?
SoW server offers a squadron registration for all players. This way, your stats also contribute to the overall record and prestige of your squadron. There is a YouTube video link below explaining this feature in more detail, and how to register yourself and/or your squadron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjvKC2SaGlw&
User avatar
No.54 Philstyle (KL-P)
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:33 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:24 pm

You have made a conscious decision that pilot stats only show current 'life' and the stats for previous 'lives' are kept separate, ie there is no Total Kills across all careers for an individual pilot. On the other hand the Squadron stats add up all the kills made by squadron members regardless of deaths. Is this what you intended? It is a bit easier to see for 56 because so far I am the only one that has scored kills as a squad member. Others have made kills but had not been registered as 56 on SoW when they did.

Would it be more in keeping with the new philosophy for Squad Stats to only add up 'Best Career' stats for each registered pilot? I don't think only counting 'Current Career' stats would work very well as the Squads stats would change so frequently as to be meaningless. Or is the problem that it is not easy to isolate each pilots Best Career?

While we are discussing stats, can you confirm whether being caught in the air when the map changes is reported as a death as you did not land?
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
Image
User avatar
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm
Location: West Cornwall

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby No.54 Philstyle (KL-P) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:41 pm

56RAF_Roblex wrote:You have made a conscious decision that pilot stats only show current 'life' and the stats for previous 'lives' are kept separate, ie there is no Total Kills across all careers for an individual pilot. On the other hand the Squadron stats add up all the kills made by squadron members regardless of deaths. Is this what you intended?


Yes, it is what we intended.
As in real life, a unit's history includes all its loses and its successes. The pilots lost by a squadron are recorded in the history of that squadron as are its victories.

We want to encourage squadrons to promote the protection of lives internally too. You don't want chaps in your unit throwing away their lives cheaply, it will show.

There is, as I'm sure you can see, some "prestige" as stake here, and the squad v squad stats are intended to promote healthy rivalry and competition between units. No doubt, there will be recruitment potential here too, for those stats who can demonstrate team play and mutual protection of each other, thus showing a low ratio of loses to victories.

56RAF_Roblex wrote: Would it be more in keeping with the new philosophy for Squad Stats to only add up 'Best Career' stats for each registered pilot? I don't think only counting 'Current Career' stats would work very well as the Squads stats would change so frequently as to be meaningless. Or is the problem that it is not easy to isolate each pilots Best Career?


At the squadron level we will also soon be able to show pilots lost. So, at the squad v squad level you can see their performance over time as a unit.

56RAF_Roblex wrote:While we are discussing stats, can you confirm whether being caught in the air when the map changes is reported as a death as you did not land?


If the mission ends, or the server crashes whilst you are still alive, you will not incur a death in your web-page stats.
User avatar
No.54 Philstyle (KL-P)
 
Posts: 319
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:33 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:42 pm

92 Sqn. Philstyle wrote:
56RAF_Roblex wrote:You have made a conscious decision that pilot stats only show current 'life' and the stats for previous 'lives' are kept separate, ie there is no Total Kills across all careers for an individual pilot. On the other hand the Squadron stats add up all the kills made by squadron members regardless of deaths. Is this what you intended?


Yes, it is what we intended.
As in real life, a unit's history includes all its loses and its successes. The pilots lost by a squadron are recorded in the history of that squadron as are its victories.


Thanks. That makes perfect sense.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
Image
User avatar
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm
Location: West Cornwall

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby TP_Jacko » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:18 pm

lol I wish I checked the rules more closely, I tracked down a swarm of stukas scored a kill but saw a lot of red as I got caught in some cross fire, bailed out after an age in the parachute exited the mission so no record of the kill I guess :) if I waited to land in the parachute I would have been ok.
Well anyway it was interesting being pulled all over the place with many contacts before finally spotting the enemy mostly by luck I came across them as I was just about going home
Cheers
Jacko
TP_Jacko
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm
Location: Mostly Netherlands UK most weekends

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 pm

Jacko,

It most probably will show up, it's likely just been lost in the issues we were having with the stats. I think I've solved them now though. :D
Image
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby TP_Jacko » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:43 am

Admin (Reddog) wrote:Jacko,

It most probably will show up, it's likely just been lost in the issues we were having with the stats. I think I've solved them now though. :D


Hi Reddog,
My efforts are now showing in the search so I am happy my career has not ended so soon :D
TP_Jacko
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm
Location: Mostly Netherlands UK most weekends

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby No.504 Leifr » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:33 am

Would it be possible to perhaps remove transport sorties from the mission counting? I feel that it diminishes the 'Fifty Sortie Challenge' if one can attain it simply by doing milk-runs in friendly territory.
I suppose the question arises as to what happens when // if one is intercepted and forced to defend oneself whilst transporting, though?
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:22 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby 56RAF_Talisman » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 pm

No.504 Leifr wrote:Would it be possible to perhaps remove transport sorties from the mission counting? I feel that it diminishes the 'Fifty Sortie Challenge' if one can attain it simply by doing milk-runs in friendly territory.
I suppose the question arises as to what happens when // if one is intercepted and forced to defend oneself whilst transporting, though?


Also, sometimes a pilot, or group of pilots, will pick up an aircraft from the depot and fly and operational mission against the enemy and then land at home base.
Spitfire! That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
User avatar
56RAF_Talisman
SoW Supporter
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Re: Public Player Stats Explanations

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:33 pm

We looked at this when we implemented the supply mechanics, and it's just too hard to do consistently unfortunately. The fact is if someone wants to game the 50 missions achievement, they're going to do it, whether transport counts or not.
Image
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Next

Return to Storm of War Cliffs of Dover Stats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron