Storm of War Teamspeak

Stats reset?

Discuss any aspect of the SoW Stats

Re: Stats reset?

Postby xvii-Hardegen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Maybe a possible solution should be this:

Let's imagine that the 31st of December 2014 at 24:00 I have 45 missions.
In the case of an arbitrary stats reset on the 1st of January 2015 most probably I'll be upset because I could think :"Hey I was close to the target of the 50 missions and they deleted my results!What the heck!" (just an example to render the idea it's NOT my actual personal thought).
I think that in this imaginary situation we could have a lot of possible counter effects,most of them,not positive.
What if instead,the stats reset will occur on the 1st of January 2015 but instead of having a blank file under my "Pilot stats" my new year career starts with the last active career of the previous year?
Example:

31st December 2014 under the Pilot stats section

Career\Streak

1 Death
2 Death
3 Death
4 Death
5 Here let's say I'm alive and I have 45 survived sorties (Actual Active Career)

1st January 2015 under the Pilot stats section

1 Reported the last active career of the previous year (in this case career\streak number 5)

In this way I'll start the new year without loosing my last active career but the previous careers (that are old and in which I'm been killed) can be deleted (or stored somewhere else) rendering more light the server load.
In brief the new year stats will start from the last active career that I have.
In the case instead that in the last career of the 2014 I'm been killed my 2015 stats will start from 0 as per normal.
Same for the Squadron Stats.
With the new year the last total Squadron stats available will be displayed as starting point for 2015.
As always just a proposal.
xvii-Hardegen

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:08 am

92 Sqn. Strings wrote:i like the idea of having your best streak and current streak displayed. the others, if deleted, could be forwarded to email addys. or if there is an annual reset then the stats in whole could be forwarded to everyone via email :ugeek:

Not sure deleting all apart from Current & Best is a good idea (I know you were not suggesting it). Often when I die before I get a chance to check my stats I want to go back and see what happened before I died. I also sometimes look at someone elses stats (usually someone I killed) and they may have died twice since the mission I am interested in.

Allow people to delete their own stats if they are getting cluttered. If people are not deleting clutter (or you cant easily allow them to) and it is causing storage issues then leave the most recent three.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Little_D » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:34 am

Hi gents,

i liked the way Spit vs 109 didi it, every month a stat reset. was nice to compare the month without klicking thrue all the other streaks. one printscreen on the last day and you had all you need. As we have here different stats and a 50 Mission Hall of Fame, i would go with Hardegen.

maby you can put the other streaks where you get killed in a second side, where only the pilot can view his on last missions if he want.

In the meantime when 1./JG2 starts this 50 Mission run will will first kill our self. Because we want to fly the the 50 Mission goal on events or the campaign missions and also start our squadcampaign with this, when the server is full and not all day when the server is empty, and see how far we get, if we get so far :D .

regards

Little_D
1./JG2_Little_D
Staffelkapitän
1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result.
The one who has 12 leads. The one who has six follows.
YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal
Little_D

Postby No.504 Leifr » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 am

Reddog, are there any plans for a stat wipe at some point in the future? Perhaps when the 24/7 persistent mission is up and running properly? Did you come to a decision eventually?
No.504 Leifr
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:09 pm

We didn't, but I do favour a wipe, with an archived "past achievers" medal or something for those who managed to hit 50+ missions etc. I'll cross that bridge once we get there though. :)
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby LATS1961 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:44 pm

how about the individual deleting his own stats if he wants to and keep the ones he likes
LATS1961
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:38 pm

LATS1961 wrote:how about the individual deleting his own stats if he wants to and keep the ones he likes

If you delete yours, you will be deleting any other pilot who has influenced any if your own stats. ThIs is how the records work in the DB.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby acanais46 » Mon May 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Admin (Reddog) wrote:I am asking because :

1) I've been asked to reset a squadron's stats and having looked at it, it's not something I want to do just for them as it's not easy to do.

2) I don't know how seriously people are taking the career/streak/50 mission challenge.

3) At some point we're going to have to delete *something* assurances deces as the tables continue to grow in size. It's not an issue now, but certainly deleting out what we've got now means starting fresh for Jan 1st.

I'm actually not in favour of deleting stats, but as the number of careers grow, I do wonder about allowing players to select specific careers to delete. I know I'm not massively interested in the ones prior to my current life unless something special happened.

I'm just asking for opinions and to see if there's an overwhelming feeling one way or another.

Merci beaucoup pour toutes ces informations. C'est vraiment gentil de nous l'avoir envoyé.
acanais46

Previous

Return to Storm of War Cliffs of Dover Stats