Storm of War Teamspeak

Is Something Happening?

For introductions, orientation, and general aviation / simming chat

Is Something Happening?

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:30 pm

I suspect that the answer to my question is no, but I have to ask.

The other day I noticed that there was a StormOfWar 4.5 server in the CloD list. This afternoon it is back and flyable. Not all aerodromes are operational and those that are seem to be set to open but I did spawn in (twice), take-off and there were enemy raids about (I was just about to intercept a 10+ off of Selsey when Herself came home earlier than expected and I was forced to exit).

Furthermore, I couldn't help noticing that the front page of the SoW website is back and advertising an event starting at 1800Z tomorrow.

So is something happening? I am fairly sure that Mssrs. RedDog & Style are just messing with us but we can perhaps live in hope.

P.S. I see Hanseat from JG4 has now logged into the server and flying a Ju-88

P.P.S. I have dusted off my old TopHat laptop; just need the server address, Chaps, and TopHat will be back up and running
TWC_BlindAsABat

Re: Is Something Happening?

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi BlindAsABat,

Yes, the server has been up and will continue to be. We are trying to work through the niggles and see what still works and what doesn't. There are some code errors and some stability issues which are troubling.

At this point we are making no promises. But we are looking at it.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Re: Is Something Happening?

Postby TWC_BlindAsABat » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks RedDog,

I fully accept that you are making no promises but I live in hope.

As I have said before, SoW provided the best gaming experience I have had in more than 30 years of computer gaming, and there is still nothing to touch it for immersion and quality multiplayer gaming, let alone flight simming.

Of course, I don't understand all the effort you chaps had to put in to make it work or the frustrations that you had with the code and, probably, some of the people. If spreading the load would help I am sure there are other people who, like me, are time rich and who would be glad to contribute. Heck, I'd give 20 plus hours a week to the admin side even if I only got to do TopHat and maybe fly a few hours here and there.

Thanks for having a look at what might be viable.

Blind
TWC_BlindAsABat

Return to Officers Mess