Hi all,
Myfirst impressions of the Obutto Ozone Simpit:
https://79vraf.wordpress.com/2017/11/25 ... pressions/

OD
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Re: Chair Force One has arrived

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Interesting. I look forward to seeing final pictures and hearing final impressions after you've been in it for a few weeks and have everything sorted out. Often the settling time can be quite long on these setups, as they are so complicated.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Pictures still need to be added, but I have posted about how I have been getting on...

79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/02/20/obutto-ozone-getting-acquainted/
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:57 pm

EAF79_OD_ wrote:Pictures still need to be added, but I have posted about how I have been getting on...
79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/02/20/obutto-ozone-getting-acquainted/

You wrote:
Final thing…I still need to attach the cup-holder! This is less of a priority though as it’s hard to drink from a glass while using VR…so I’d need a straw all the time!

So... what you need is one of those RAF-oxygen masks. In it will be the microphone-pickup for TS, and a tube which goes down into your beverage tank (I don't know why you limit youself to a cup). Then you'll look like Dixon's avatar.

Then, there needs to be a mod which re-works the fuel-guage in the cockpit, so you can flick a selector switch and see the remaining level in the beverage tank.

Oh... and you'll probably then need one of those relief tubes. Just be careful how you arrange the plumbing on all that. :?
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:30 pm

That reminds me, I need to update my avatar with a CV1 rather than a DK2, and find out how to plug a WW2 microphone into my PC. :lol:

Looks like your setup is pretty similar to mine, including the distant keyboard when using a centre mounted stick.

For mine I just move the stick to the right side (like an F16) and mount the keyboard in the centre where the stick used to be, that way I can use it like that when not flying, and use the side-stick if I'm just doing casual flight stuff.

I might look in to getting a Jetseat as well, although I already have a Buttkicker (what is it with these odd sim names? Thrustmater, Buttkicker...) which I imagine serves a similar purpose.

Someone should invent a VR cup that has the IR markers from the rift so that you can see it in VR. :P
19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:32 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:Interesting. I look forward to seeing final pictures and hearing final impressions after you've been in it for a few weeks and have everything sorted out. Often the settling time can be quite long on these setups, as they are so complicated.

I think that point has now arrived :D I'm really happy with the set up now.
https://79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/07/24 ... evolution/
Last edited by EAF79_OD_ on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:39 am

I went around the internet researching similarly for a gaming rig .... before ending up with a hybrid solution so to speak.

https://sim-lab.eu/product/sim-racing-rig-gt1/ was where I bought a product to buy and then set about augmenting it to my needs.

The advantage was flexibility. The disadvantage was the time needed to build, rebuild, tweak and adjust.

I am a strong believer that having a dedicated setup, especially given the sheer amount of time we each spend flying, is absolutely the way to go whether it be self build or professional product.

All roads lead to Rome as they say.

Nice blog read.

S!
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:25 pm

EAF79_OD_ wrote:I think that point has now arrived :D I'm really happy with the set up now.

Coool. Very professional-looking setup there now... with squillions of buttons. The wireless numpad is a good idea.

I had a look at the sequence of development photos too... and noticed the "I want to believe" poster. Obviously aspiring to the Dixon-Spitfire-Mk.LXXVIII... :roll:

No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:https://sim-lab.eu/product/sim-racing-rig-gt1/ was where I bought a product to buy and then set about augmenting it to my needs.

Any photos of your set-up for us?
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:29 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:

No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:https://sim-lab.eu/product/sim-racing-rig-gt1/ was where I bought a product to buy and then set about augmenting it to my needs.

Would you really want to see that mess .... I'll see what I can do ......... :lol:
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:45 am

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:
EAF79_OD_ wrote:I think that point has now arrived :D I'm really happy with the set up now.

Coool. Very professional-looking setup there now... with squillions of buttons. The wireless numpad is a good idea.

I had a look at the sequence of development photos too... and noticed the "I want to believe" poster. Obviously aspiring to the Dixon-Spitfire-Mk.LXXVIII... :roll:

Thanks! I’m not generally short of buttons, but the Warthog Throttle was a little annoying in the switches only registered (by default) in the on position, for two way switches, and didn’t register anything in the middle for three way switches. I’ve not put together a profile which means that they all work, but I have no keyboard buttons left to press. The TARGET software doesn’t seem anywhere near as flexible as CH Control Manager. Although when I assigned say Ctrl+1 to a switch all DCS would register was the CTRL and not the 1, which is why I ran out of keyboard buttons! I never had that with CH Control Manager, where everything just worked and assigning a shift button was no problem at all. Annoyingly you don’t seem to be able to keep the Direct X presses on some switches and the new assignments on others. I’m sure there must be a way to do this, surely (?) but I’m still nee to the software. Anything that I am short of buttons for though I can sort through Voice Attack, where the whole gamut of key presses just seems to work.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Return to Officers Mess