Storm of War Teamspeak

Storm of War Discord

For introductions, orientation, and general aviation / simming chat

Re: Storm of War Discord

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:56 pm

56RAF_Roblex wrote:So you are saying that TS2 would give you a similar functionality to Simple Radio? Here is a scenario:- in the Spitfire the four frequencies are pre-defined using the mission builder. If we used TS2 and the IVAI plugin in DCS does that mean that when we click button A (say it is 113.5) then a channel called 113.5 would be created in TS and everyone else pressing button A would go into it or does it only work when you tune the radio yourself in the cockpit (obviously impossible in the Spit)?

Yes. That's precisely how it works.

However, I am not advocating that we all go back to TS2.

That is the system that IVAO use for civil aviation, where they want to simulate a radio which has arbitrary VHF radio tuning. SRS accomplishes something similar, but there are a lot fewer channels. The point that I'm making is that we need to start from the requirement first, and then work back to the tools needed to accomplish it. We also need to consider that we if take up some new system, does it affect what we already have or render what we already have obsolete.

Discord has merits. But we should consider if they are applicable and warranted, or if there are better options. That's all.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Jarhead » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:51 am

Its a simple concept, Discord complements everything you have in SoW including TS now. You could never touch the VOIP portion and you'll see more participation. Better yet it requires ZERO maintenance is free and might actually get the community pumped up without SoW out've commission. That's right Phil, zero maintenance.You could have another admin in the community make the server for you its that simple. You can try it and delete it? I told you and Reddog two years back with the 92nd about DCS, I will tell you "I told you so" with Discord too. I DARE you to try it for a week and tell me I'm wrong.
Jarhead
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:33 am

Jarhead wrote:Its a simple concept, Discord complements everything you have in SoW including TS now. You could never touch the VOIP portion and you'll see more participation. Better yet it requires ZERO maintenance is free and might actually get the community pumped up without SoW out've commission. That's right Phil, zero maintenance.You could have another admin in the community make the server for you its that simple. You can try it and delete it? I told you and Reddog two years back with the 92nd about DCS, I will tell you "I told you so" with Discord too. I DARE you to try it for a week and tell me I'm wrong.

A Storm of War Discord server is now active. . .

invite: https://discord.gg/GzwxHcf
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 dix (KL-X) » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 am

lol DCS is garbage now i cant even imagine how it was 2 years ago...
if one has to follow that line of thought.. :roll:
No.54 dix (KL-X)

Postby Hiromachi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:18 am

DCS was bigger garbage than its now. Maybe.
But in terms of Discord I agree. Discord is the way to go. I've learnt that myself when few of my com TS servers moved up there.
Hiromachi

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 am

I asked Discord whether there was any way to have or simulate the Whisper functionality and I have had this reply. If everyone using Discord could click on the link and add their vote it would help. Do a search for 'Whisper' and you will see several suggestions that include that term but vote on the largest one that has just over 2500m votes at the moment.

Roblex

Generic (Discord)
Nov 6, 13:16 PST
Hey Rob,

Sadly, that feature is currently not in-app, but I'd certainly love to see whisper functionality added to Discord! I've heard of people using bots that can relay voice chat from one channel to another, essentially having 2 linked bots, Bot A in voice chat X and Bot B in voice chat Y, then on keypress Bot A will relay voice chat X to voice chat Y and vice versa with bot B.

Unfortunately, a solution such as that is outside of the scope of the support we provide, so you'd have to look elsewhere for help with setting up a system like that.

However, if you would like to see changes to these systems in the future, then you can definitely vote up the suggestions at https://feedback.discordapp.com!

It would really help us out if you upvote the idea since feedback contributes greatly to our decision making of which features and fixes to implement in the future based on what our community wants.

I'm so sorry again that we don't have a current solution for you at this time, but I like to think that anything is possible in the future!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers,
Generic
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Previous

Return to Officers Mess