Storm of War Teamspeak

Storm of War - FAQ and "about" thread

For introductions, orientation, and general aviation / simming chat

Re: Storm of War - FAQ and "about" thread

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Stab I./JG 51 - Mölders wrote:I've read all the relevant post and seen the relevant videos about it but there is still a thing about which I'm not sure so I prefer to ask:

Do pilots who registered to a Squadron have to declare somehow for what side they will play or they are automatically added to the side for which the selected Squadron have declared to play?
For example: my Squadron will play just for the Blue side. Do the pilots that have joined my Squadron have to declare somehow for the Blue side or not? ( I presume of no but I prefer to ask before to be sure )

Thanks in advance!

If your squadron flies Blue and a new pilot joins, ie he has signed up in SoW as a member of the squadron and now has access to your squadrons airfield etc., then he will only be allowed to play Blue.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:22 pm

56RAF_Roblex wrote:If your squadron flies Blue and a new pilot joins, ie he has signed up in SoW as a member of the squadron and now has access to your squadrons airfield etc., then he will only be allowed to play Blue.

Correct.
The squadron setting already takes care of the player's team selection
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Hackl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:09 pm

Looking for clarification please.

How does landing or ditching a damaged aircraft work?
Does it matter where you make an Emergency landing with regards to getting your aircraft back.

If your aircraft is damaged and you have to ditch at an airfield other than your own, it will go into that bases workshop for a set time and then return to its original base.
Is the result the same whether you ditch at an Open base versus another Squadrons base?

Ditching in Grass fields other than a base will result in that aircraft returning to open stock?
3./JG51_Hackl

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Landing anywhere but an airfield will lose you the aircraft. Allocated fields and open fields are functionally the same, if you are undamaged you have 2 mins to respawn otherwise you lose the aircraft. If you are damaged a 3hr penalty will be added to the repair time but the aircraft will be returned to its home base.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Hackl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks Reddog.
For whatever reason I was under the impression that if you landed at open player bases damaged then that plane would end up in the open player plane pool.
3./JG51_Hackl

Postby 3./JG51_Hackl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:03 pm

I I take off from Home Airfield, later landing at different airfield than home to do the rearm/refuel within 2 minutes and take off again.
My question is, if I am still flying when mission phase ends, where will my plane go??
Does it return to my home base?
Or will it go to the last base I landed at to refuel/rearm?
3./JG51_Hackl

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:14 pm

Home. Unless the middle airfield is also yours, in which case it becomes "home"
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby 3./JG51_Hackl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Understood. Thanks RD :)
3./JG51_Hackl

Postby Harmer » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 am

Don't really know much about the Campaign Diary tab. Some questions asked within the squadron. Can I get some help please?
1. How is the LW bomber mod percentage worked out?
2. How are the LW current points worked out? Are they reccon points? I presume that figure is 'spent' by the LW when selecting targets to bomb.
3. On the list of targets, what does accompanying number represent?
4. What is the correlation of the phase ID? Is it the mission number? Any relevance in the greyed out information?

Cheers.
Harmer

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:15 am

Harmer wrote:Don't really know much about the Campaign Diary tab. Some questions asked within the squadron. Can I get some help please?
1. How is the LW bomber mod percentage worked out?
2. How are the LW current points worked out? Are they reccon points? I presume that figure is 'spent' by the LW when selecting targets to bomb.
3. On the list of targets, what does accompanying number represent?
4. What is the correlation of the phase ID? Is it the mission number? Any relevance in the greyed out information?

1. Think of it as LW AI squadron strength ranging from 0% to 100%. The higher the number, the more healthy the LW AI bomber force is. The lower the number, the more losses they have taken. Also of note, is that the more LW AI bomber losses, the more that German production will be diverted into re-supplying those squadrons... at the expense of fighter production. So, by shooting down LW bombers, the RAF not only save their own industry, infrastructure and supply, but they also deplete LW fighter production, as factory resources are diverted into replenishing the losses.

2. The LW get points if they destroy a target and get confirmation with a recon flight. The points for a specific target vary a bit, but generally reflect the worth of that target at the time. Furthermore, the LW can get points by discovering hitherto unknown targets. LW points reward destroying key targets and, especially, the work done by recon squadrons. Those earned points can be spent to let the LW select specific targets. Note that if the RAF do the same, then they can earn points the other way. Thus, it makes it harder for the LW to earn enough points to select targets.

3. The numbers are the points earned. For example, when the RAF wiped out Carquebut it cost the LW 2 points. When the LW retaliated by taking out RAF Ford, it gained them 5 points.

4a. There are phase numbers and missions numbers. The mission number is a count of the missing being run. The phase number is the sequence in the campaign. These numbers might get out of sync if there is a server reset or something.

4b. The greyed out phases are the ones that have already happened. The white ones are the current mission and the ones in the immediate future. Past missions are listed, as it can help command teams assess damage and pilots determine the phase numbers. The current and future missions assist with planning, and provide weather information (which is especially important to bomber and recon units).
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Officers Mess