New MOOSE scripting Series started today

For Mission Editor, MOOSE, Lua, scripting and other technical chat

New MOOSE scripting Series started today

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 am

Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Re: New MOOSE scripting Series started today

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 am

This should be really good. I've started watching. I'd really like to know how to do some of the scripting so that I can make more of the missions. As good as the mission editor is I'm really wanting to know how to do more with this.

I can set rules and trigger and cause loads of stuff to happen that I couldn't do before, but I can see this opening a load of possibilities :)
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 am

EAF79_OD_ wrote:This should be really good. I've started watching. I'd really like to know how to do some of the scripting so that I can make more of the missions. As good as the mission editor is I'm really wanting to know how to do more with this.
I can set rules and trigger and cause loads of stuff to happen that I couldn't do before, but I can see this opening a load of possibilities :)

Yeah, Lua + MOOSE seems very flexible. I need to sit down and spend some proper time learning this, but the tutorials look like they could be referred to by someone as Code-Useless as me.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 am

I know 0 code, but I'd really like to know how to do these .lua files. Everyone keeps saying it is easy, but I haven't found anything that explains how (I've not had time to look in detail, but an idiots guide is what I need!).

What could be good it to collaborate on mission building, maybe a group of us. If one gets proficient in scripting and one in tirggers etc. while others come up with objectives etc.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Return to DCS Mission Building