Storm of War Teamspeak

AI

For Mission Editor, MOOSE, Lua, scripting and other technical chat

AI

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:52 am

Hi All

In a mission I have created, I have two flights of AI taking off from the same airfield as evryonoe else. Last night the AI which spawn in 5 minutes after mission start were held up taking off as we were blocking the runway. They stopped taxiing just short of the runway, and then never moved. I thought they would just take off once the runway was clear but this was not the case.

Anyone had this before or know of a work around?
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Re: AI

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't co-locate AI with humans yet... prefer to get AI to operate from a separate base
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Ibis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:49 am

I have had that exact problem with a Viggen mission. I thought it must be my inexperience.
Ibis

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:29 am

It looks like if you have created the mission, or hosting the server, when you start to taxi it automatically puts a call in to the tower. If you acknowledge this and request take off it should be fine.
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Postby 71st_AH Rob (XR-R) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:20 pm

No.54 FatBen (KL-F) wrote:It looks like if you have created the mission, or hosting the server, when you start to taxi it automatically puts a call in to the tower. If you acknowledge this and request take off it should be fine.

You are correct, comms with the tower are essential if you have AI. This is why I have placed all the AI at a different airfield in Georgian Spring, not all players are willing to turn on the radio and use it to talk to the tower which causes traffic jams.

Same thing is true for landing, if you don't contact the tower on approach it can cause the AI to have issues if they are taking off or landing.tr -->