Storm of War Teamspeak

Couple of questions.

For Mission Editor, MOOSE, Lua, scripting and other technical chat

Couple of questions.

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:28 am

I hope someone can help me. As I can't find the answer anywhere.

AI flight paths, after reaching the final waypoints, how do you tell the AI to go back to the first and start again?

What happens if the last waypoints is reached by AI? Will they just bugger off in a straight line?

Lastly, instructions to land, will they just land at the last waypoints or do you have to tell them to do so?

Thanks in anticipation!
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Re: Couple of questions.

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Don't think that you can get them to start again, you have to keep adding waypoints in.
What happens if the last waypoints is reached by AI? Will they just bugger off in a straight line?

Depends what kind of waypoint you set, you can get them to orbit or they can do a Forrest Gump.
Lastly, instructions to land, will they just land at the last waypoints or do you have to tell them to do so?

They only land if you instruct them to.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Just found this which is quite useful if, like me, you're a newbie to mission building and want to have a crack at it.

http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DCS_editor_AITasking
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Ben,

You can get way points to loop. From memory you put your way points where you want them, with the last in the chain near the WP that you want then to start again from (so maybe 1 2 and 3 are for getting airborne and flying to the patrol area). You then go into the way point options and select something like AI do task and then select loop way point and select the number WP you want to go to.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Thanks Reddog

I've just read that. As long as the AI have a task, you should be able to use switch waypoint, so once it reaches wp7 it switches to wp1. You can add a parameter in there as well so when certain tasks are met, they revert to another task.

I think I'll stick to the AI having a patrol loop! Maybe the odd landing!
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:42 pm

I've found that the AI will attempt to find an airfield to land when they need to (out of fuel, damaged, etc.). At least, in 2.0 they do.

One thing CloD has that DCS doesn't seem to is the ability to load submissions on top of the mission running currently. Loading a mission just stops the current map and restarts with the new mission, so any AI groups you want to add dynamically either have to be late activation and preprogrammed or added via LUA script, which I haven't had enough time to go over yet.

So far my experience has been that the DCS mission builder is more powerful than CloDs for the novice builder, but potentially a little more cumbersome for the advanced builder.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:06 am

I found the switch waypoint command, so when the AI reach the last waypoint they are directed back to the first.

Had more trouble last night getting the AI to engage and fight and also take off from an airfield.

All sorted now so will be testing tonight.

Quick question, how do you use the late activation?
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:51 am

If you could let me know where that is I'd be very happy! I kept looping more and more waypoints in!
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby No.54 FatBen (KL-F) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:51 am

EAF79_OD_ wrote:If you could let me know where that is I'd be very happy! I kept looping more and more waypoints in!

Hi OD

Go onto you waypoint (last one in the loop) and select it, click "add" and then (going from memory) there's a follow command option or something along those lines, select that and then find switch waypoint in the drop down menu, then select the next waypoint you want them to go to and they will follow waypoints from there. I think mine go to waypoint 5 or DP, and then go to waypoint 1 or SP
No.54 FatBen (KL-F)
SoW Supporter

Next

Return to DCS Mission Building