Storm of War Teamspeak

DCS mod team

This sub-forum is for discussing and sharing mods

DCS mod team

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:58 am

Just noodling around with some ideas. Is there any interest (and ability) to create a MOD team for DCS from members of SoW?

I'm thinking of a team to gap fill some of the obvious items.

From my understanding there is the possibility to create our own aircraft 3d model and flight model based on the simple flight model as has been done with the b17, HE111 etc for AI. What doesn't appear to have been done yet is to release a flyable aircraft with cockpit.

Do we have the modellers and interest to do this?

I'm thinking that it should be fairly straightforward to create a proof of concept aircraft and cockpit with a single gauge to prove we can do it.

Thoughts?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Re: DCS mod team

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:13 am

I'd happily lend a hand.. but I imagine it would be a shitload of work... the difference being the volume of effort required to have a human flyable machine.

That said, we could consider approaching Avspecs in New Zealand... maybe get data to work on a mosquito...
warbirdrestoration.co.nz/
I think they might even have 3D scans of the mosquito . . .
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 am

I can make tea...
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:58 am

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:I'd happily lend a hand.. but I imagine it would be a shitload of work... the difference being the volume of effort required to have a human flyable machine.

Oh undoubtedly it will be a SHITLOAD of work. However I'm thinking it might be something interesting to do and might prove a catalyst for those who really know what they're doing with modelling to move to DCS?

I'm not sure starting with a multi engine aircraft would be the way forward but sure, let's aim big.

I think it's worth just trying to put "something" into game even if it is a cube with a single gauge in the cockpit view.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Yes. I'm interested. Count me in.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 pm

I've been thinking, a mosquito might already be on the lit for someone. How about a piper cub/taylorcraft L2 spotter plane. It's simple, fixed undercarriage, low performance, unarmed and has a control panel consisting of 5 gauges. It also was ubiquitous in Normandy, and might add a game play element to the map, allowing artillery to be called in on targets to advance the ground war?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Admin (Reddog) wrote:I've been thinking, a mosquito might already be on the lit for someone. How about a piper cub/taylorcraft L2 spotter plane. It's simple, fixed undercarriage, low performance, unarmed and has a control panel consisting of 5 gauges. It also was ubiquitous in Normandy, and might add a game play element to the map, allowing artillery to be called in on targets to advance the ground war?

Fantastic idea!
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Mosquito is on the list for VEAO I believe.
If there is a way that I could help then I would be interested, not sure how I could though.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:40 pm

EAF79_OD_ wrote:Mosquito is on the list for VEAO I believe.
If there is a way that I could help then I would be interested, not sure how I could though.

Sourcing pictures? Technical details. Dimensions. All that jazz maybe?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Why not! I'll see what I can do.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Next

Return to DCS Modding