Storm of War Teamspeak

Germany to New Zealand - in a Cessna

For posting updates and information on all sorts of other games.
Feel free to link you twitch or YouTube accounts here too.

Re: Germany to New Zealand - in a Cessna

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Great to see these started up again!!

24:55 -- Yes, the XP in-flight maps are limited. I plan my flights with https://skyvector.com/

25:48 -- If you find better sea textures, please let us know!

30:28 -- You can click on any aircraft on the http://webeye.ivao.aero/ interface to see the flight path and, on the left, their flight plan and details. Click again, to go back to default mode (which is mouse-hover to show dep/dest).

33:12 -- Other new sims, in addition to XP11, are: Prepar3Dv4, FSW and AeroflyFS2.

42:28 -- The flicking between the weather types is annoying. It looked particularly bad in that flight. I wonder if the difference is how they cut in/out. For instance, X-IvAP has a weather controller built in. Then there is one in XP11 itself. Does SkyMAXX-Pro do something too? I do wonder if there is a conflict in amongst all those.

48:55 -- Changing the default tail number http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo ... e-changed/ . Regarding webeye, you can change the reg.no in your flight plan, and thus it shows when you login to the IVAO network.

51:04 -- A true flight-simmer... take-off first, then in flight start trying to work out how things work, let alone requesting permission to take off.

51:51 -- What is "31/22"... I _think_ this is temperature and dew-point respectively.

59:18 -- You're right that the corners of the world where no-one flies often has stuff that needs fixing. Big, popular airports are often mapped inside and out to 20-cm resolution. Other places, however, are often quite lacking. Still... at least you can go everywhere with at least some detail. This is far better for us long-haul-flyers than the combat sims which have map edges.

1:01:15 -- It looks nice cresting that hill to see the field in the valley below.

1:04:45 -- Pretty steep approach! :-o

1:08:05 -- One message you should put in is "LTFG rwy vac"... to indicate the airfield and that you've cleared the runway. Usually only important if there is other traffic in the area (incl. someone just logging in at the airport you've landed at).

1:10:10 -- Those brakes look pretty grim when seen from the outside.

1:10:15 -- Ah... I see you've mastered the local language. Again.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 am

love your time-stamped summaries Dietrich!
I might have to start including them in the video descriptions
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:I might have to start including them in the video descriptions

Feel free. :geek:
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:26 am

EP 35 is up!
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu May 24, 2018 10:28 am

Recetly started up Xplane 11 to continue my trip to NZ!
Finally started using the VOR/DME and Navigation radios too. It does make life easier and means less itme looking at the map.

Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:22 am

There's a call to action .... I've been looking at my sim recently but not able to find enough time to make a meaningful progress in my 'Catch up Phil' series. I'm only 3500 km behind you. :roll: (I did beat you to NZ in 2017 btw)

"It's been 4 months since my last...." had me smiling to myself for no aviation reasons LOL

I am in Wiener Neustadt at the moment parked at LOAN airfield waiting for a break (in the weather). There's a nice museum here with a 109 Gustav on display amongst other paraphernalia.

I've been flying radio nav for day one and nice you see you taking it up also .... See you in NZ.
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:33 am

No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:I've been flying radio nav for day one and nice you see you taking it up also .... See you in NZ.

Indeed, man I wish we could multi-crew in these civil aircraft... would be great to co-pilot with another person around in NZ.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 am

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:I've been flying radio nav for day one and nice you see you taking it up also .... See you in NZ.

Indeed, man I wish we could multi-crew in these civil aircraft... would be great to co-pilot with another person around in NZ.

well, well, well... funnily enough Joker:
https://sky4crew.com/download/

Might be a reason for you to get Xplane 11 ?
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Thu May 24, 2018 1:48 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Recetly started up Xplane 11 to continue my trip to NZ!

Meanwhile, continental drift has meant that you are further back than before the previous flight. :lol:

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Indeed, man I wish we could multi-crew in these civil aircraft... would be great to co-pilot with another person around in NZ.

Hehe... that could be cool. What's the most crew one can get in an XP11 aircraft? It could be mildly hilarious (esp. if half the crew were slightly drunk). Oh... and I'd invite 1./JG2_Woodstock too! :mrgreen:
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Fri May 25, 2018 6:53 am

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
Admin (Philstyle) wrote:

well, well, well... funnily enough Joker:
https://sky4crew.com/download/

Might be a reason for you to get Xplane 11 ?

another flight sim install ... I am so invested in FSX at this stage that that ship has pretty much sailed in my case unfortunately.... even my best upgrade path is the Prepa3d route.

On the otherhand, there are lobbies where we can flying our own aricraft together in the same airspace (cross platform too).
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games and YouTube Channels