Storm of War Teamspeak

Germany to New Zealand - in a Cessna

For posting updates and information on all sorts of other games.
Feel free to link you twitch or YouTube accounts here too.

Re: Germany to New Zealand - in a Cessna

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri May 25, 2018 10:21 am

No.54 Joker (KL-J) wrote:On the otherhand, there are lobbies where we can flying our own aricraft together in the same airspace (cross platform too).

Yes.

VATSIM and IVAO (and I think PilotEdge too) allow cross-platform flying. P3D, FSX, FSW, XP10, XP11 (not sure about FS2).
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby Ibis » Sat May 26, 2018 8:08 am

I have been to NZ many times in P3D and many times in real life fishing at the mouth of the Waitaki and have had many memorable times at the tiny Glenavy hotel.

There is a small airfield near the fishing village which services Oamaru give it a visit when flying over that way in your Cessna.
Oh and don't forget the Wanaka airshow, Brilliant!
cheers
Ibis

https://500px.com/photo/259509191/p-by- ... d=26610941
Ibis

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:16 am

39th leg of the journey!

This episode also contains some combat-simming related rants.. hidden within the civillian sim video :)

Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:25 am

08:00 -- Rant starts. Not much of a rant though. You're mellowing, Phil.

10:45 -- Time split within DCS. I'd agree with that sentiment. I fly DCS for multiplayer (MP), but only a very small fraction of my time is in MP... perhaps 15% or so. The rest, like you, is split between the mission editor, testing missions, learning new aircraft and training (practice runs for bombing, gunnery, etc.). I'd also agree that MP has low numbers because it is not so good at the moment, so the problem reinforces itself. Doing a survey would be good, but then you only get the "online-active" people (the usual suspects, like me, who lurk around on forums). We forum-dwellers are a tiny fraction of the overall community. Perhaps a survey built into the actual DCS-client might work?

13:25 -- Minecraft-shadows. Agreed completely. And they all have it. I wonder if it is a DX11 feature?

21:20 -- 1 year expectation for getting to NZ. Hehehe...

25:30 -- Multicrew. Agreed, that would be cool. It would also make for better banter/discussion en route, which would then make for better YouTube viewing. DCS have the L-39 and Yak-52... has anyone tried this? But I agree it would be FAR more interesting in X-Plane, as the full-world experience is then much better, rather than the small sand-pits that the combat sims cover.

30:30 -- I can't believe you don't know the button for freezing TrakIR. Really?

51:20 -- Screeeeeeeeeeeeeech!

51:52 -- "No civilians"... LOL! What did you expect?

52:52 -- Engine off. Now you need to walk 15km acorss the desert to get to the bar. I suspect that your low viewing numbers are due to the fact you are flying over one of the most dull pieces of land on the planet.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Other Games and YouTube Channels