Storm of War Teamspeak

SC - it's going to be great right ?

Space junkies

SC - it's going to be great right ?

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:37 pm

... well, I think it is but maybe not even with 3.0 just yet.

Expectations are a source of disillusionment quite often and yesterday, having spilt a bucket of used oil all over the inside of my garage, I was far from in a calm and contended mood. This only shortened my fuse with SC as I experience it at present.

Even the other players running around was annoying me ... like that will ever change. Maybe they should impose a 'no running fine' LOL just to satisfy me .... Yea, I know, I'm going for Mr. Popular this month !!!

The real thing that I wanted to mention is the MP experience which SC has huge potential for.

Yesterday, Phil, Wardog, I got stranded, (the usual delinquency scenario .. yawn). Wardog, seizing the moment, radio'd "hang on lads" .. "Don't move" ... Phil had not quite found the door anyway at this stage ....

Moments later Wardog pulls up in his Mustang and saves the day. I even fell out of the ship as Wardog dropped from lightspeed en route back and had to talk him back onto my position as I floated in space .. all George Clooney style .......

Multiplayer can and will work in this game with meaningful experience.. I am sure of that.

The simulator experience is less clear for me yet. The gaming is already up and away and it's just not my thing.

But the sceptic in me is going to keep my expectations under wraps just a little longer.

S!
Last edited by No.54 Joker (KL-J) on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Re: SC - it's going to great right ........

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Seems SC can be "played" in a slow and methodical way, or in a "bash and hash" way. But at the moment the "bash and has" pays more dividends.

As it stands now, it's possible to die, re-spawn and get back to the point where you died within about 5 minutes of gameplay.
This encourages what we saw yesterday evening when that guy died and was back with us in a few minutes nicking our ships which were parked outside the station.

This is a major flaw that can only be resolved as the play-area is expanded and the penalties for death increase. . . we shall see. .
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Seems SC can be "played" in a slow and methodical way, or in a "bash and hash" way. But at the moment the "bash and has" pays more dividends.

This sounds like any other combat flight sim. :?

Map size or respawn time penalties (which is basically the same thing) would help.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 pm

At the moment it's still pretty much a glorified arena shooter on a good day, which is why it doesn't currently appeal to me for prolonged gameplay - we'll see what it's like once they've added in the insurance and such like and also made the play area bigger. At the moment Crusader is just the local space around the Gas Giant Crusader, as opposed to the entire Stanton System - which you can see in the ARK Star Map.

I imagine for proper death penalties that impact your account and the like we'll be waiting a while, as the game will have to be a lot more stable (imagine losing your character because you got bugged and fell through the wall of your ship...).
19RAF MJDixon

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:
Admin (Philstyle) wrote:Seems SC can be "played" in a slow and methodical way, or in a "bash and hash" way. But at the moment the "bash and has" pays more dividends.

This sounds like any other combat flight sim. :?

Map size or respawn time penalties (which is basically the same thing) would help.

That is all it is presently and if this is all it becomes, then I have well and truly wasted my hard earned.

EDIT: I don't think this to be the case however (this was written in earlier and accidentally deleted)

All the talk of interactions etc which built my expectations of a fantastical 'second life' where I can simulate my idea of a space existence seems very far off. Am I really going to be able to walk up to the bar, order a space beer, chat to another player, learn about a deal going down and have that experience influence my own game play? 'Cos, this is a real example of what I am hoping to do .... facial animation, voice sounds and background noise too boot.

Just wondering if I've allowed my imagination get the better of my common sense.

Right now, it's early access alpha pre alpha something whatever ... who knows ...2.6 PU .....so who knows. 3.0 will not change much on this front I expect .... well have planets and more room ..... that's all
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Re: SC - it's going to be great right ?

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm

I believe that over the next few months we will be getting a couple of bases on each of three moons. I am most excited about seeing the base we saw on the Gamescon video and picking up missions from Miles Eckhart. Also being able to buy, transport & sell goods.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

CARGO
Commodities bought using the kiosk will be transportable in the cargo holds of vehicles, to be sold in another location.
ETA is 2nd June
COMMODITIES
Implementing items to represent units of tradeable cargo.
ETA is 19th May
KIOSK SUPPORT
Support UI on kiosks for buying and selling of cargo.
ETA is 1st June

"With the debut of 3.0 at the end of June we’re starting with the three Moons around Crusader; Cellin, Yela and Daymar. In addition, we’re hoping to also get the Planet-like Asteroid Delamar and its landing zone Levski in as a “Stretch” goal. Then as we move through the year the universe will expand to include all the main landing zones for Stanton. We had originally hoped to deliver most of the Stanton Landing Zones with the first release of Planetary Tech, but that proved optimistic once the talented team at Behaviour, who had built ArcCorp, Levski, Grim HEX and had begun work on the remaining landing zones of Stanton, moved off Star Citizen and onto another Behaviour project in December.
"

MOONS
We are adding 3 new moons to the Crusader system; Yela, Cellin, and Daymar
Feature Complete
SURFACE OUTPOSTS
The new moons will also have outposts on their surface for you to explore
ETA is 2nd June
MISSION GIVERS
We’re introducing Miles Eckhart(first seen in the Gamescom video)and Ruto to provide missions to players
ETA is 12th May
DERELICT SHIPS
Derelict ships will be added to the system for extra points of interest and exploration
ETA is 26th May
DEBRIS FIELDS
To accompany the derelict ships, there will also be debris fields within the system
ETA is 26th May
DELAMAR / LEVSKI (STRETCH GOAL)
We are adding the planet Delamar and the landing zone, Levski
ETA is 1st June
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 pm

If anyone has not seen the Gamescon video, here it is

https://youtu.be/GucYhhLwIxg

Watch it. It shows some amazing new features actually being played.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:35 pm

Here's an overview of the stuff that's supposed to be in 3.0:

Though I have to wait until May the 8th 2018 at the earliest for my Carrack to turn up, alas. :lol:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:39 am

By the time SC reaches a full ("proper") release status, how many will still be playing? The trouble with extended testing and prolonged development is that you tend to "do" the game. So when it's finished you're bored??
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:54 am

Admin (Reddog) wrote:By the time SC reaches a full ("proper") release status

Everyone knows that no game ever reaches "proper" status anymore. :D
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Next

Return to Star Citizen