Storm of War Teamspeak

2.2 Live Release

Space junkies

2.2 Live Release

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:06 am

The new 2.2 patch has gone live this morning:

Patch Notes

The main changes in this one are:

Party System Revamp: When joining a Universe as part of a group the server will reserve slots for the rest of the group for two minutes, so you can all join the same server.

Crime System: They've added a GTA style 5 star wanted system, that will make you hostile to AI security forces and eventually place a bounty on you that other players can collect, they've also changed the way the communication satellites work, as now they monitor the space around them, and can be turned on/off to make crimes noticable or not.

Improved EVA: They've improved the physics and animations of the EVA to better react when flying near walls or crashing into them, etc.

Sabre Flyable: The Aegis Dynamics Sabre Medium Fighter is now flyable.

Hopefully with the party system it will now be possible to do some multiplayer stuff in the Crusader Universe environment, just a shame the patch didn't come out a week or two ago. :lol:

Remember to delete your USER folder (Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public\USER) when updating as if you don't it can make things go wonkier than usual.
Last edited by 19RAF MJDixon on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
19RAF MJDixon

Re: 2.2 Live Release

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:14 am

nice. guess I shall start updating now.
Am looking fwd to being able to actually join others in MP
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Aye, I'm looking forward to doing some multi-crew stuff now that it's possible to join the same Universe server easily enough (presuming the party system works).

By the way, before you delete your USER folder you might want to export your keymap first (under Keybindings - Advanced - Control Profiles), as your keymap will be wiped when you delete the folder - you'll need to move the exported keymap out of USER\Controls\Mappings, then put the file back there after you delete the USER folder (the game will generate a new folder after you run it again), at which point you can import your controls again.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:34 pm

I now have Tom Baker as my ship AI, because why not?

19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF331_Stuntman » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:16 pm

Could we get together for a multiplayer session sometime soon in the persistent universe (if that's possible)? :)
"Alt for Norge! - All for Norway!" - King Haakon VII of Norway (1872-1957).
My Cliffs of Dover & flight sim movies
EAF331_Stuntman
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue May 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Some bloody Space Criminal nicked my Ship whilst I was parked at the Space Petrol Station, then proceeded to use it to blow up Speedy's Ship. :lol:

Though it's interesting to note that of the two, he decided to steal my ship and blow up Speedy's, rather than the other way around. :P
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Wed May 04, 2016 7:23 am

Is it still a nightmare to join up online?
I started installing SC onto my new rig today...
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Wed May 04, 2016 8:55 am

We managed to join twice easily last night, though these days the multiplayer issues are more to do with server stability and crashing.

The system now is that once a group member joins a server it reserves slots for the rest of the group for a few minutes, so you can all join it once the first person is in.

The performance still varies quite a lot between servers though, as seemingly the older a server gets the lower the performance - we had to leave the first server then join another one after the FPS got too low.
19RAF MJDixon

Return to Star Citizen