Storm of War Teamspeak

Clod affiliate org

Space junkies

Re: Clod affiliate org

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:54 pm

The cross-chassis kits are still a thing, you get one when you use that new Ship Upgrade page, just keep going back and forth between SH - Gladiator to get a few - though you might have to find the CCU somewhere in the store, as I guess it won't show up the other side of the swap if you haven't already applied the kit - you could get a few SH - Gladiator ones, then apply one, then get a few Gladiator - SH ones.

I think it is only pre-release that they work, though I'm not 100% sure.

Fair enough about the Beaufighter, though I'll raise you a prototype Sea Mosquito. :P

19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF331_Stuntman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:02 pm

Cheers Dixon. I think I found upgrade's for both now. I just don't understand the difference between "upgrades" and "CCU" now. It seems CCU can be used until game launch itself, while Upgrades only before persistent universe launch in beta!

Glad-SH (until persistent universe beta)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... et-Upgrade

SH-Glad (until persistent universe beta)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... or-Upgrade

CCU Glad-SH (until game launch)
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... et-Upgrade

A TorMos!?
Wow, this is what came out of Eric "Winkle" Brown's test flying with the Mossie for the FAA? Shame it never went past prototype stage.
Last edited by EAF331_Stuntman on Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Alt for Norge! - All for Norway!" - King Haakon VII of Norway (1872-1957).
My Cliffs of Dover & flight sim movies
EAF331_Stuntman
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Seems it did have a bit of operational service after the war, but was replaced by the Sea Hornet (damn it Anvil Aerospace! :P )

I'll be honest, my extensive research stretched so far as to type 'Mosquito Torpedo' into google about 15 minutes ago. :lol:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Hmm, your best bet would be to regard the PU Beta as the deadline then I guess, as the Ship Upgrade page is supposed to replace the old CCU system, so that info is probably out of date.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF331_Stuntman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Aha, good to know. I heard the CCU was a stopgap. I guess the Upgrade page is finally the desired feature.

I'll stock up on a dozen for both. Just in case I get mood swings. :oops:

BTW I'll sign up to SQUADRON19 just in case you chaps get some fun carrier missions with the UEE Reserves. No. 19 Squadron SFAA? (Space Fleet Air Arm) :mrgreen:
EAF331_Stuntman
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 pm

EAF331_Stuntman wrote:No. 19 Squadron SFAA? (Space Fleet Air Arm)

I think our full title would be the 19th Fighter Squadron, UEE Navy (Reserve) according to the latest Star Citizen naming system. :P

We used to be No. 19 Squadron (Fighter), Royal Aerospace Command, but then we amalgamated with No. 19 Squadron of the South African Space Force, the 19th Starighter Squadron of the US Air Force Space Command, the 19th Guards Starighter Aviation Regiment of the Russian Star Force and the 19th Star Regiment of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Star Force when the United Nations of Earth was formed in the 2380s - at least that's what our Squadron history page says, but then I wrote it, so I wouldn't believe a word of it if I were you. :lol:

We'd be more than happy for you to join our questionably named Space Squadron. :)
19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF331_Stuntman » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:43 pm

So many titles, it must be the 19th Title Squadron!

That reminds me of my ex-ArmA 2 unit: Unit 19.

A mil-sim tank regiment based on U.S. and NATO training doctrine. The name comes from the army designation of tankers, 19 Kilo.
EAF331_Stuntman
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm

19RAF MJDixon wrote:I think our full title would be the 19th Fighter Squadron, UEE Navy (Reserve) according to the latest Star Citizen naming system. :P

At the rate the current SoW campaign is going, you would be well advised to rename it as "19. Jagdgschwader, DLR Marine (Reserve)" now, and save the hassle of having to do it later. ;)
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

xvii-Dietrich wrote:At the rate the current SoW campaign is going, you would be well advised to rename it as "19. Jagdgschwader, DLR Marine (Reserve)" now, and save the hassle of having to do it later. ;)

All those days in PoW camps in England seems to have left you none the wiser. We're not easily frightened. Also we know how hard it is for an army to cross the Channel. The last little Corporal who tried came a cropper.

So don't threaten or dictate to us until you're marching up Whitehall! And even then we won't listen!

Also would you care for a cup of tea?

(If all else fails I'll get an Endeavour Pocket NAAFI Van Carrier and make some sort of Battlestar Galactica-esque escape across the stars.)
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 am

Turns out they spent all the Star Citizen money on dodgy 80's music, because obviously.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/530 ... 820968.mp3
19RAF MJDixon

PreviousNext

Return to Star Citizen