Space junkies

Interestingly

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 am

... posts in this section have pretty much dried up .... LOL
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Re: Interestingly

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 pm

I figured the people around here that would be interested in it already are, and I don't want to bother the people that think it's shit, as they probably still do. :lol:

But seeing as you brought it up...

3.2 went live at the end of June, which improved performance (usually get 25 - 30fps now, although it depends on how much RAM you have) and they changed it so that the control map is based on the hardware ID rather than windows ID, plus added some more ships and such as well as basic mining (although only if you have a mining ship, so not much use until they add in-game ship rental), but they also broke the enhanced stick precision stuff so combat is still crap.

Here's the roadmap for the upcoming patches:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

They've moved to quarterly patches now, so the patches arrive on time, they just don't always have content in them.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 am

Is there any point to playing at the minute though? Surely any earnings or progression will be wiped? So it's just familiarizing with the systems etc, which I guess I can do the 6 months before final release, in 2025.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 am

19RAF MJDixon wrote:I figured the people around here that would be interested in it already are, and I don't want to bother the people that think it's shit, as they probably still do. :lol:

But seeing as you brought it up...

3.2 went live at the end of June, which improved performance ..................
Here's the roadmap for the upcoming patches:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap/board/1-Star-Citizen

They've moved to quarterly patches now, so the patches arrive on time, they just don't always have content in them.

Cheers Dixon .... I'm no longer even loosely tracked it relying instead on good folks like yourself to keep me in the general loop with the headlines. So when a thread like this, seems to go cold and dry, I did wonder.

Admin (Reddog) wrote:Is there any point to playing at the minute though? Surely any earnings or progression will be wiped? So it's just familiarizing with the systems etc, which I guess I can do the 6 months before final release, in 2025.

2025 you suggest ... you are in an optimistic mood aren't you! :lol:

Your question is exactly on point thought.
Any familiarisation today could be useless in the year 20something when this does come out as a release.

Ultimately, personally, I'm less interested in building the plane as I fly in it .... horses for courses.
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:32 am

There's no long term gameplay at the moment, your money etc is persistent between sessions, but it's just for short term stuff like buying armour and ship components, which likely gets reset after each big patch.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm

I was shocked to see the other day just how much money has been invested in Star Citizen. $190 Million!

Now I am a fan of the game and I support the drive to make it better than originally planned but... with that much money invested I am surprised it is not perfect and fully released already!
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Return to Star Citizen