Storm of War Teamspeak

3.0 PTU First Moon Landing

Space junkies

3.0 PTU First Moon Landing

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:17 pm

My first Moon landing on the 3.0 Test Server, in all its unedited low FPS, buggy, randomly blurry glory. :lol:

19RAF MJDixon

Re: 3.0 PTU First Moon Landing

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:15 pm

My trip to Daymar and back:

19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:26 pm

Trying out the P-5G Gladius module early access over DCS: Nevada*

*May be a lie
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:38 pm

3.0 has now gone live, although to be honest I wouldn't bother unless you're ok with playing things at 5 - 15 FPS, as the netcode is still shit. :roll:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Some pictures from a trade run to ArcCorp Mining:
Screenshots don't care how low the FPS is!

19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF19_Swoop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey Mike, I've got 3 ships from early access, A 325A, Avenger Stalker and a Hornet. Mainly for fighting in Arena Commander when it came out. I want to get back into Star Citizen and try out the exploration bit and get a different fighter. I see you've gone for a Cutlass and Prospector? What version is best suited and do I need to get a rover or rent one?

Will I lose my original pledge benefits if I change the original ship?
EAF19_Swoop
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

I don't actually own a Cutlass or a Prospector, as I rented them with REC points.

The Prospector is supposed to be a starter mining ship, so probably not best for exploration - between the Cutlass and the Freelancer (which is from the same manufacturer as the Prospector but more comparible to the Cutlass as far as use goes) I personally prefer the Cutlass, it reminds me of a transport helicopter (especially with the big side doors like a Huey) and is a nice size without being so small that it's of no practical use, or too big to handle - I'm pretty sure neither the Cutlass or the Freelancer can carry a 'proper' rover like the Ursa, which would need something the size of a Constellation or above - the Cutlass can fit a Cyclone buggy (which is new in the 3.1 patch currently in testing), however the Freelancer is a bit more complicated as apparently it fits in, but isn't wide enough for the driver to disembark inside the Freelancer, so he'd have to sit there until needed. :lol: The Freelancer Max can probably manage it as it has a wider cargo hold. Other than that there are the smaller things like the space bikes and the Greycat buggy (the one in the screenshots), which should fit in both.

As for buying or renting Rovers, I don't think you can rent them at the moment (I already get a loaner Rover from my Carrack), but you can get the Greycat buggy using the UEC that you get with your package and every now and again:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/Hangar-Buggies/Greycat-PTV

You can upgrade your ship and keep the pledge benefits (which I did when I upgraded my Hornet -> Super Hornet -> Carrack) through the upgrade page:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ship-upgrades

With regards to exploration in the sense of long range travel / sensors (as opposed to planetary landings/vehicle stuff) there's also the Terrapin which is new in 3.1, which is a dedicated exploration ship, although it's too small to carry a vehicle and is also twice as expensive as the Cutlass Black. :lol:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby EAF19_Swoop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:15 pm

The Carrack is thing of beauty but can you fly it on your own or have to crew it with AI or other people? Same reason I've held off on the Consolidation. Looks like a proper deep exploration ship with some fangs, however its not available right now.

Never really like the Freelancer, bit to much like a flying erectile, balls and all. But I like the idea of it, flying local star lanes and a bit more like the Millennium Falcon with room for a cargo/buggy/bike and just about right for one with an AI. The Cutlass looks to small for much use but maybe a decent stop gap with playing around with 3.0

I've got 5K in REC, how do get more?

Also what about getting the Gladius, any good in Arena Commander?
EAF19_Swoop
SoW Supporter

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:52 pm

You can buy UEC:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... 0-UEC-Chit

Although you're probably better off waiting until you can get UEC in game, also they give out UEC every now and again.

The Constellations are currently available in the form of the Aquilla (exploration), Andromeda (freight/gunship) and Taurus (freight).

As for crew, they say you'll be able to hire AI crew members, although presumably not as good as a competent Human crew member would be.

The Gladius was up-gunned in the previous patch, however I haven't flown it much as I've mostly been doing the moon landing stuff, plus the combat in it's current iteration is a bit naff in my opinion - but it's the fighter I own so I quite like it. :lol:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Was going through my emails and found my original invoice/payment from 2013. Any idea when I might get the game I paid for?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Next

Return to Star Citizen