Storm of War Teamspeak

VEAO ends all their DCS development

VEAO ends all their DCS development

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:55 pm

Reported in various places. I found it here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3700168

PS: Curiously, I bought the Hawk during the recent sale. I actually rather like it. :-)
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Re: VEAO ends all their DCS development

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm

They obviously saw your purchase and decided to end on a high. :lol:

I wonder if it now falls upon ED to keep the module in working order, or if it will just stop working one day if/when they do a major game update it disagrees with.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Barone » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:19 pm

they are a really fun company. LOL
Barone

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:29 am

Seems the Hawk is being removed from future versions of DCS according to the Hawk Module Page:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/hawk_dcs_world/

Attention! Starting DCS World version 2.5.4 this module will be unavailable! Please use DCS World version 2.5.3 or below!

Let's hope none of the other developers decide to bugger off. :roll:
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 pm

That is piss poor customer service from ED frankly. They've earned money from the Hawk so should continue to support it. I wonder how the F14 and F18 fanbois would react if they were told those modules would cease being available from next DCS version number?
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby No.401_Wolverine » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 pm

Yeah, cease development on the aircraft but leave it in for people who bought it. Jeez. If you're going to go this route (ala carte aircraft purchases) then you have to live with the consequences of doing so - especially when you sell these things at the kinds of prices they do.
No.401_Wolverine

Postby 19RAF MJDixon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:39 pm

From the latest newsletter, in case you want a refund:

We regret to inform you that VEAO is no longer a developer for DCS World. As such, they have also ceased support of their Hawk. Although we offered to support their product, they declined making the files available to do so.

Given this unfortunate situation, we will fully refund all Hawk customers that purchased the module starting from 1 October 2018. If you wish a full refund, please enter a support request here.

For those that purchased the Hawk prior to 1 October 2018, will continue to make DCS World 2.5.3 available, such that you can still fly the Hawk.

To avoid such issues in the future, all future 3rd party agreements are now required to make the game files available in case they are no longer able to support their product.
19RAF MJDixon

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Shame they couldn't have said that at the start but then they'd lose the opportunity to shoot themselves in the foot... 8-)
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:51 am

It was out of EDs control. VEAO would not give over the required stuff for them to continue to support the Hawk. That's why there have now been changes to the agreements with third-party developers; so that this can not happen again. I believe ED had tried to maintain the Hawk but were unable to.

It is poor, it's disappointing, I did enjoy flying the Hawk - single player admittedly, but I did have it in a couple of training misions as an aggressor aircraft. It's not a good way for this to have ended though.
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Return to DCS - Main Discussion