Storm of War Teamspeak

WW2 test mission - Friday June 22

Notice board for announcing upcoming events and specific squad nights

Re: WW2 test mission - Friday June 22

Postby Hiromachi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:23 am

It simply at certain point creats a dot which is visible at all times at ranges far beyond normal dcs rendering distance. Thus you can observe aircraft miles away not being restricted by resolution. Downside is the problem with it being visible through cockpit bars or other surfaces. IMO its a minor problem when much larger is simply seeing things the way they are rendered in DCS.
Hiromachi

Postby Campbell » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:38 am

The visual mod is the same mod used on “Burning Skies”. It takes default aircraft labels and modifies it by placing a large grey dot over the aircraft at distance so you can visually spot it and track it easier. You still can’t identify it until it’s in close enoug for zoom to render it. It’s really a must for guys rendering anything 2k or greater. Phil, I have discovered that simple radio will utilize the same IP address as the DCS server host. It will require some experimenting but I don’t think it requires a static ip
Campbell

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:05 am

Campbell wrote:The visual mod is the same mod used on “Burning Skies”. It takes default aircraft labels and modifies it by placing a large grey dot over the aircraft at distance so you can visually spot it and track it easier. You still can’t identify it until it’s in close enoug for zoom to render it. It’s really a must for guys rendering anything 2k or greater. Phil, I have discovered that simple radio will utilize the same IP address as the DCS server host. It will require some experimenting but I don’t think it requires a static ip

OK.. someone needs to send me a copy of this and tell me exactly how to get it working.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 am

I've made a blog post about the mission and shared it around on Social Media and forums...there is a link back to the forum and your Video is embedded. I've also linked in the DCS Summer Sale and links to each module.

https://79vraf.wordpress.com/2018/06/25 ... dcs-world/

Hope that is ok...

OD
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Campbell » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:06 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
Campbell wrote:The visual mod is the same mod used on “Burning Skies”. It takes default aircraft labels and modifies it by placing a large grey dot over the aircraft at distance so you can visually spot it and track it easier. You still can’t identify it until it’s in close enoug for zoom to render it. It’s really a must for guys rendering anything 2k or greater. Phil, I have discovered that simple radio will utilize the same IP address as the DCS server host. It will require some experimenting but I don’t think it requires a static ip

OK.. someone needs to send me a copy of this and tell me exactly how to get it working.

This was what Eekz of “BS” sent me. These where his instructions to add the visual mod to a mission.

“Hi! You can open any recent multiplayer track from our server with any archiver program like 7Zip or WinRAR and copy Config. Then open the desired mission with the same program and paste Config folder there.
Make sure that you have no forced labels restriction of label in your mission on in Mission Editor”
Campbell

Previous

Return to Storm of War EVENTS