Storm of War Teamspeak

Blue Victory!

Notice board for announcing upcoming events and specific squad nights

Blue Victory!

Postby JG4_Widukind » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:53 am

On 20.12.16, the Luftwaffe destroyed all the short-term targets.
I would like to have an official statment of the admins but ....
JG4_Widukind

Re: Blue Victory!

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:21 pm

JG4_Widukind wrote:On 20.12.16, the Luftwaffe destroyed all the short-term targets.
I would like to have an official statment of the admins but ....

An official statement was published by Admin (Philstyle):

Ref 1 : viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5835
Ref 2 : viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5832

It is true that the LW achieved their goal well ahead of the deadline. However, the Admin team were not going to publish the official statement until the campaign had come to a complete conclusion. This was made clear on the LW forum at the time of the victory conditions being met. The reason for this was to let everyone continue the battle and enjoy the campaign the very end. Now that this has occurred, that statement has been published.
Last edited by Admin (Dietrich) on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated with a second link.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby MarLeo » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:39 pm

You are not authorised to read this forum.

Would be good if open pilots could read the statement as well. Since the campaign is over there should be no need for secrecy anymore.
I would like to know what I invested my time for. ;)

Edit: Thx for the edit and making it public. :)
MarLeo

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Indeed, the Admin Team failed to get the public announcement made in the correct location and in a sufficiently timely manner. I apologise for the mistake in where it was posted and for not making provision to get it done sooner.

JG4_Widukind wrote:I would like to have an official statment of the admins but ....

Phil is at work today. I am travelling (this is being written via public wifi at Helsinki railway station). Reddog is very ill. We did our best. Again, apologies that this fell short of the expectations.

MarLeo wrote:I would like to know what I invested my time for.

Ditto.
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby JG4_Karaya » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 pm

MarLeo wrote:I would like to know what I invested my time for. ;)

Sorry but this statement really rubbed me the wrong way. What if Blue had lost, would that have meant you wasted your time flying? I would hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed SoW no matter the outcome!
Last edited by JG4_Karaya on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
JG4_Karaya

Postby MarLeo » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:00 am

That's because you perceived it completely wrong. If someone puts time and effort into something he likely wants to see a conclusion. That's the goal of a campaign. You strive towards an objective and at the end you wanna know if you've achieved it or not. Whether it's a blue victory or a red one doesn't really matter in that regard. Of course it's nice to see that the side you supported won in the end and that you did help to achieve this goal.
MarLeo

Return to Storm of War EVENTS