Storm of War Teamspeak

JG 1 "Oesau" is recruiting

This forum is for Squadrons to promote themselves, share their achievements and their Videos etc. A healthy and Friendly rivalry is encouraged.

JG 1 "Oesau" is recruiting

Postby Stab/JG1_Klaiber » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:58 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to make a quick announcement.

http://forum.jg1.org/topic/3770-jg-1-oe ... ouncement/

JG1 has a long and storied history online. This is something that everyone within our squadron is very proud of.

It's fitting, therefore, that on the 24th Anniversary of our founding (March 1992), JG1 is ready to announce it's official expansion within the online WW2 flight sim community.

This is a momentous occasion for us, as it shows our squadron's continued internal, as well as international, cooperation.

To the announcement:

For 15 years, this squadron has represented itself as II.Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 1 (II./JG 1) within all Second World War flight sims. This will not change! The II./JG1 name, borrowed from the historical unit, is fundamentally tied to who we are.

However, with the blessing of JG1.sk, our squadron is now going to also adopt the I.Gruppe Jagdgeshwader 1 (I./JG 1) name as well.

I./JG 1 will be composed primarily of European pilots, and II./JG 1 will be composed of primarily North American pilots.

Additionally, I'm very proud to announce that the III./JG 1 squadron, commanded by III./JG1_Willy, has decided to merge into us.

III.Gruppe Jagdgeschwader 1 (III./JG 1) is European-based, and is heavily involved in IL-2. They also fly DCS World as well.

With this merger, the JG 1 "Oeasu" geschwader is now complete!

As a result, people should expect to see our JG1 pilots online with the following prefix uniforms:

Stab./JG1_
I./JG1_
II./JG1_
III./JG1_

Looking forward to seeing you all in the virtual skies!
Hals - und Beinbruch!
Stab/JG1_Klaiber

Re: JG 1 "Oesau" is recruiting

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Welcome! It is great to see a well-organised and long-established group join the action. You arrive just ahead of the eve of our next major Campaign (Storm of War 3.0), so perfect timing for getting started. Of course, do read through the stickied threads and instructions, but If you have any queries related to LW operations, please let me know.

xvii-Dietrich
LW Admin
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby No.54 Joker (KL-J) » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Welcome JG1 ... great to hear you guys will be joining us all on SoW 3.0.

S!
No.54 Joker (KL-J)
SoW Supporter

Postby Stab/JG1_Britchot » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Quite a few members of our squadron participated in the closing months of SoW 2.0 under II./JG1. You will still see many of those same pilots as well as a few Stab./JG1 and the possibility of I. and III. Gruppen pilots during European prime times. As 3.0 begins to take shape we will measure our participation and determine the necessity of expanding to additional airfields.
Stab/JG1_Britchot

Postby Werner Mölders » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:30 am

We hope to have soon a joint sortie with you Flieger and we wish to your unit all the best!

Hals und Beinbruch!

Maj Robert Mölders,
Gruppenkommandeur,

on behalf of the whole
Stab I./JG 51
Visit my forum at http://wernermolders.forumfree.it/ ( or left-click on the signature above )
My Steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134637019/
Werner Mölders

Return to Open Squadrons Forums