Storm of War Teamspeak

92 Squadron Historical Film - First Light

A place for historical and contemporary reference information

92 Squadron Historical Film - First Light

Postby No.54 Philstyle (KL-P) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:19 am

Link to the full movie, for those who every need to find it and maybe watch it again;

http://vimeo.com/45585260

It is 1 hour 20 minutes long.
No.54 Philstyle (KL-P)

Re: 92 Squadron Historical Film - First Light

Postby 92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Cheers mate, that was a good watch and although I've read the book, I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Have to say with my geek hat on though, wtf was going on with all the marques of Spitfire and the squadron codes? The combat scenes I can cope with, since they're more or less all lifted from the Battle of Britain film and while a travesty having the Buchon's, there's not much they can do about it, but the ground scenes. You'd have thought they could at least have got some post film editing done so they were GR or QJ codes at least...
92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R)

Re: 92 Squadron Historical Film - First Light

Postby No.54 Philstyle (KL-P) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R) wrote:Have to say with my geek hat on though, wtf was going on with all the marques of Spitfire and the squadron codes? The combat scenes I can cope with, since they're more or less all lifted from the Battle of Britain film and while a travesty having the Buchon's, there's not much they can do about it, but the ground scenes. You'd have thought they could at least have got some post film editing done so they were GR or QJ codes at least...

I know I couldn't help but notice the very poor attention to detail in that respect... kinda have to try and overlook it though..
No.54 Philstyle (KL-P)

Return to Officer's Library