Storm of War Teamspeak

Blitz Edition first impressions

For general discussion

Re: Blitz Edition first impressions

Postby No.54 dix (KL-X) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:49 am

Kling wrote:Then you shall see what happens when you start fighting at ca 15 000 feet... ;)
Bad idea for Spit1a and Hurricane 1.

What do you mean by that? We take fire more easily or the 109 can do whatever it wants to us?

Also...i had the Spit2a's engine dying on me after landing and setting rpms to 0 in order to slow down fast.
I thought i might had damage battle, but i restarted it and it was working fine, taxied out the runway, rpms to 0 again to get full stop, and engine died again. Is this supposed to happen? (0 throttle 0 prop)
No.54 dix (KL-X)

Postby Kling » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 am

No.54 dix (KL-X) wrote:
Kling wrote:Then you shall see what happens when you start fighting at ca 15 000 feet... ;)
Bad idea for Spit1a and Hurricane 1.

What do you mean by that? We take fire more easily or the 109 can do whatever it wants to us?

Also...i had the Spit2a's engine dying on me after landing and setting rpms to 0 in order to slow down fast.
I thought i might had damage battle, but i restarted it and it was working fine, taxied out the runway, rpms to 0 again to get full stop, and engine died again. Is this supposed to happen? (0 throttle 0 prop)

Its around their FTH. Means they go warmer there than anywhere else. It is also where the 109s start seeing their performance exceeding that of the Spit1 and II.

From Buzz on ATAG
"the E-4B and E-4N are still faster than the Spitfires at low altitudes and the E-1 is probably as fast as a Spit.

It is only the standard E-3/E-4 which have trouble running away.

Matter of managing your radiator and oil cooler openings and the pitch settings.

109's do have to be cautious if they let the combat speeds get slow... because the Spits will initially accelerate faster if the fight turns into a chase.

But anyone who understands tactics also understands the 109's have to keep their speed up and maintain as much altitude advantage as possible.

That was the case historically and is the case in the game."

It is exactly what I have seen i game in TF4.5. 109s Diving on to the deck will be caught. 109s running at ca 15 000 will run away!
Kling
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Philstyle) » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:01 pm

Kling wrote:It is exactly what I have seen i game in TF4.5. 109s Diving on to the deck will be caught. 109s running at ca 15 000 will run away!

This must also mean now that spitfires can effectively dis-engage by diving (shallow and fast) to the deck and running at low altitude.
Admin (Philstyle)
Site Admin

Postby Kling » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Admin (Philstyle) wrote:
Kling wrote:It is exactly what I have seen i game in TF4.5. 109s Diving on to the deck will be caught. 109s running at ca 15 000 will run away!

This must also mean now that spitfires can effectively dis-engage by diving (shallow and fast) to the deck and running at low altitude.

Indeed. Did it a few times already. The 109 still has a higher Max Vne (dive speed) mind you. But once you level out on the deck, The Spit1a will catch a 109. Unless it is a 109B version (and apparently 109e4N, I dont know much about this plane tbh)
Kling
SoW Supporter

Postby StG77_CountZero » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Kling wrote:
StG77_CountZero wrote:It seams like small calibar german british or italian guns dont make any effect when they hit airplane, like they did in 4.3.
Im not able to know if im aiming correctly or not no visual effect on airplane that im hitting him with .303, 7.92 or even g50 12.7s, only flash if i use that boebachtung makes flash like it should but how the heck shoudl we aim now in new CloD or its ment to be played with 20mm only ? any one els still plays this game and have problems with this ? i get fealing like my bullets are just passing airplanes but i see im hitting them only if some part falls of or i get his rads, not like in 4.3 where you knew if you hit something.
dont see anything about any changes in this department in their "changelog" if you can call it that, did they just screw up something and forghot this effect or its ment to be like this, who the fuck knows.

Your observations have been noted, and we will see what can be done! The reason this was changed was that there was a reason they used rounds with "flash capability" such as dewilde and the certain "US incendiariy 50cals". In order to see when you were actually hitting the target. We do realize that on a computer screen you do not get the same visual cues as you would irl. Hence why we instead added the small particles falling off when hitting.

But as I said, we shall see what we can do. ;)

Well me and rip tryed yesterday belts with every 3rd bullet being that flash boebachtung on E1s and you cant see flashes from bigger distances then around 100m from impacts, so its basicly useless, this new effects are crap
StG77_CountZero

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:37 am

LMFAO they ban guy on atag because he wonted back option to turn off shadows, what a bunch of morons
https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post297633

why they even have any options then ultra in game if you falow their logic, BoX had same principal when they lanch, in few months they changed and alowed users to adjust their options, wonder why. TFS brass is full of idiots cccc
StG77_CountZero

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi Count. I think you'd struggle to find much more critical person of TF decision making than me but I think you might need to tone it down just a bit. I appreciate that you're frustrated, believe me, but ATAG can ban whomever they please using whatever criteria they wish. It's their forum, their rules. Please don't use SoW forums to bad mouth other forums.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Yeah it's getting a bit silly now. The ban seems unwarrented but it's their forum. Cliffs is running well for me, probably better than ever (so far).
If it's running crap on an old computer, people need to upgrade.
We ran a test last night with wind and heavy thundercloud, it was fantastically immersive, but some peoples systems can't cope so they will turn clouds off.I suppose that means that if I have clouds on and think I am diving into cloud to escape, if the one following has clouds off he'll see me just fine.
In fact, flying a 110 and skirmishing with Hurricanes was the most fun I've had in Cliffs for quite a while.
6./ZG76_Archie

Postby StG77_CountZero » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:55 pm

BoS runs better then clod for me now. And that was not the case before patch.

Regarding clouds your wrong, thats not how clouds work, if server has clouds that means all players on server see clouds, no mather if they have them off, thats tested.

Problem with clouds is that all players dont see clouds at same position, so if clouds are small and you think your passing tough one, other guys see that cloud on differant place.

Reddog if i cross the line i expect u ban me :) but ill try to control my emotions next time, tnx for warning.
StG77_CountZero

Postby 6./ZG76_Archie » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Interesting CS, can see clouds being off server side then. That's a shame.
6./ZG76_Archie

Previous

Return to General IL2 Chat