For general discussion

Re: Finnish Virtual Pilots server

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

It's paid for Roblex, you might as well use it! :lol:
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:29 am

Barone wrote:Do you know the address of the server's TS and if people use it?

The Finnish Virtual TS3 is...

Server address: ts3.virtualpilots.fi
Server password: vlentaja

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/help/teamspeak/ (The page has Finnish first, scroll down for English)

Yes, it does get used. The alternatives are to use the main BoX server or the SoW server. I myself either use FinnishVirtual or SoW (I have never tried the BoX server).
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks. I was not aware of that server. Bookmarked.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Barone » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Admin (Dietrich) wrote:
The Finnish Virtual TS3 is...

Server address: ts3.virtualpilots.fi
Server password: vlentaja

http://www.virtualpilots.fi/help/teamspeak/ (The page has Finnish first, scroll down for English)

Yes, it does get used. The alternatives are to use the main BoX server or the SoW server. I myself either use FinnishVirtual or SoW (I have never tried the BoX server).

copy, thanks
Click on the banner to visit our site:
Youtube Videos
Barone

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:48 am

Well, for those who missed it, there was an unlikely duo last night on the Finnish Virtual Server.

A pair of FW-190s flew out from "F5" (the code name for something in Russian that we couldn't pronounce). We launched an attack against "F1" (another Russian name, you get the idea). Miraculously we both took off, and managed to stay together throughout the flight to target. One FW190 (flying as jabo) obliterated the main hanger with an SC500 and then shot up a fuel-storage area. The other strafed up the AA positions, destroying two emplacements. The 190s were then jumped by a couple of Soviet fighters, and the wingman was shot down by LaGG 3. The leader (now without the navigational skills of his wingman) flew randomly around the map for a further 20 minutes before finally setting down at some random airfield (which was fortunately friendly!).

Final details :

Pilot #1 : (Sortie / Log)
Pilot #2 : (Sortie / Log)

:mrgreen:
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

Postby EAF79_OD_ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 am

EAF have been discussing switching to Blue for a while, when December starts. The Italians like their Mc.202 and we’d like to get into the Ju88 (instead of the Pe-2 that I have been favouring) and the Fw190. Could be a few more ‘unlikley pairings’! :lol:

I thought for a minute you might have been windmill hunting with Dixon!
EAF79_OD_
SoW Supporter

Postby Admin (Reddog) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:34 am

Well I had fun. Almost shot a pe-2 down but the gunner got me instead. :lol:

Will give it another go this morning.
Admin (Reddog)
Site Admin

Postby 56RAF_Roblex » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:36 am

I have also been toying with the Dark Side in a 109 but only on TAW where I have logins for both sides. I am keeping the Finnish Server strictly Red.
56sqn US@R
Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com
56RAF_Roblex
SoW Supporter

Postby Hiromachi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:09 am

Finnish server is the only one where I can fly Spitfire without any real limits and I take advantage of that any time I'm there.
Hiromachi

Postby Admin (Dietrich) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 pm

EAF79_OD_ wrote:EAF have been discussing switching to Blue for a while, when December starts. The Italians like their Mc.202 and we’d like to get into the Ju88 (instead of the Pe-2 that I have been favouring) and the Fw190. Could be a few more ‘unlikley pairings’! :lol:

I had a quick exchange with Racetrack and PorcoRosso a couple of nights back. Thay have just moved over the BoX and... sure enough... are flying MC.202s.

The Ju 88 is a recalcitrant monster. I actually started enjoying BoX a lot more, when I stopped flying the Ju 88 so much. The ground handling is frustrating and it can't jink quickly enough to get past the AAA on low-level attacks. And high-alt level bombing on BoX is a non-starter. Still, there are some very gratifying loadouts.

The FW190 is rather powerful. The A-3 has a variety of options, so you can decide whether to pack it to the gills with cannons or fit it with an SC500. There is an A-5 in BoK and more 190 variants on their way for BoBo. I'm surprised there are no dedicated 190 squadrons.

Actually, that's something I don't see quite so much... squadrons. There are certainly some 19//, 56RAF, 216th, etc., but nowhere near as many, or as big and organised, as there were in the old CloD days.

EAF79_OD_ wrote:I thought for a minute you might have been windmill hunting with Dixon!

Steady... I said "unlikely duo"... not "OMG-what-has-the-world-come-to".
Admin (Dietrich)
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General IL2 Chat